Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

16 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Were not buying him were borrowing him they won't send him here if he's not fit, 

I know nothing off him but am sure he's descent if he's with Celtic, and Morias will score no more than 5 goals a season here 

If he could get 5 goals from coming on as a sub - I'd take that... but not sure if he will get more than 3 or 4 - not too great for a striker...

Hard working but clearly not the quality we need right now...

A fit Bayo might be good, but it would be better to pinch someone who is able to become our player for a couple of seasons on the way up and who bangs in 8 or more and assists big JO and others . . . :ninja

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

If he could get 5 goals from coming on as a sub - I'd take that... but not sure if he will get more than 3 or 4 - not too great for a striker...

Hard working but clearly not the quality we need right now...

A fit Bayo might be good, but it would be better to pinch someone who is able to become our player for a couple of seasons on the way up and who bangs in 8 or more and assists big JO and others . . . :ninja

I heard that Gus had someone exactly like that in mind, but...

:whistle

What about Kane Hemings? I see he has cancelled his contract with Dundee by mutual consent. I know a lot of his goals in Scotland aren’t in the top flight but he has scored goals for the vast majority of teams he has played for. We would be able to pay more than his wage reduction was at Dundee, plus there would be no transfer fee. I think he would offer a viable option to partner Obika. 

What about Kane Hemings? I see he has cancelled his contract with Dundee by mutual consent. I know a lot of his goals in Scotland aren’t in the top flight but he has scored goals for the vast majority of teams he has played for. We would be able to pay more than his wage reduction was at Dundee, plus there would be no transfer fee. I think he would offer a viable option to partner Obika. 

I think we should be interested in Hemmings but hard not to be gutted about Jakubiak. He was an excellent partner for Obika.

This lad might be worth a look, Sean Scannell, currently without a club

Represented Ireland at various levels

Released by Blackpool, previous clubs include Palace, Huddersfield and Bradford

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sean-scannell/profil/spieler/61549

Right winger who can also play left wing or up front 

Sean+Scannell+Crystal+Palace+v+Blackpool

Edited by Doakes

8 hours ago, Doakes said:

This lad might be worth a look, Sean Scannell, currently without a club

Represented Ireland at various levels

Released by Blackpool, previous clubs include Palace, Huddersfield and Bradford

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/sean-scannell/profil/spieler/61549

Right winger who can also play left wing or up front 

Sean+Scannell+Crystal+Palace+v+Blackpool

No thanks. The stats speak for themselves.

Just now, John Gotti said:

Celtic trying to get some of their money back I guess otherwise if they saw a future for him they would have wanted to see him in our league.

It looks to me he's a dud.

He was signed from a 3rd division team in Slovakia and even then his scoring record wasn't that great.

The green bigots have been pursuing a policy of signing relative unknowns.

Some like , Van Dyk and Eduard have worked, but there a several who have gone, never to be heard of again.

19 minutes ago, FTOF said:

It looks to me he's a dud.

He was signed from a 3rd division team in Slovakia and even then his scoring record wasn't that great.

The green bigots have been pursuing a policy of signing relative unknowns.

Some like , Van Dyk and Eduard have worked, but there a several who have gone, never to be heard of again.

The team he signed from were 3rd in the top league in Slovakia last season, where he scored 14 goals in 25 games. He's also an internationalist with Ivory Coast, so don't think you could describe him as a dud. My biggest worry about him was his history of niggling injuries, so for that reason i'm not bothered we've missed out. Hopefully we'll get someone better.