Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The only thing I find puzzling about finding Striking Targets is that the club were potentially looking to spend £50k on Mark O’Hara. If they had a small amount of cash in reserve, I would have thought they might be able to tempt a couple of Strikers by offering a small bid. They don’t need to be of a high quality but enough to contribute a few goals and form a partnership with Obika. 

The only thing I find puzzling about finding Striking Targets is that the club were potentially looking to spend £50k on Mark O’Hara. If they had a small amount of cash in reserve, I would have thought they might be able to tempt a couple of Strikers by offering a small bid. They don’t need to be of a high quality but enough to contribute a few goals and form a partnership with Obika. 

Not sure we were ever going to spend &50k on any player, but even if we were, perhaps that cash was no longer available after the stadium sponsorship disappeared.
Isn’t that about the time Gus was released too ?

Still need another striker though

Agree with all you say however on the plus side we will have Broadcasting Revenue and the gift from the Hearts Investor also receipts from Shirt Sponsorship and Trackside Adverts etc although I have never quite understood why we have never had the Electronic Trackside Advertising unlike all other top flight clubs.

Given that you are ITK you can explain how the club are dealing with the shortfall in revenue this season and last from
- no hospitality bookings
- no Pay at the Gate
- Loss of Stadium naming sponsorship 
The club have had to let go the Director of Football role and have successfully agreed a deal with SMiSA to pay for academy staff.

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Given that you are ITK you can explain how the club are dealing with the shortfall in revenue this season and last from

- no Pay at the Gate

The club have had to let go the Director of Football role and have successfully agreed a deal with SMiSA to pay for academy staff.

Of course every club has a shortfall on regular income from match day experience. I maybe worded it wrong(by saying 'in no way') as every club will have some sort of impact through covid, though they are not 'struggling'. 

There was no club explanation for Gus' departure. If it was cost cutting due to pandemic, im sure that would have been mentioned. From what many have assumed on here, Jim has his own contacts and possibly Gus was surplus to requirements? He was brought in at the time to help assist OK who was looked upon as a long-term appointment.
SMISA has always been there for a helping hand in funding and have done so in the past for the likes of a sports scientist in terms of staffing, as long as its voted in of course by members.

52 minutes ago, Yflab said:

- no Pay at the Gate

Not paying for a Director of Football will cover the shortfall. :whistle

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

- no Pay at the Gate

Wither increased payment from SPL for finishing above 10th spot plus the 3200 season tickets we should be in a good position. Losing paying through the gate income is offset  by saving on stewards police ,power ,cleaning etc. Ditto with hospitality ,so it's not a total loss.

Most of our pitchside advertisers have come through    strips are still selling ,strip sponsors still on board and besides Gus leaving I am sure other cost cutting measures will be in place.

When is a decision due for the Striker from PSV? I don’t want this potential transfer taking ages to sort out, only to be told it’s a definitive No. You would hope the club have set a deadline date and if there is no reply then we move on to another target. It would be good to get a Striker in before the international break. Allowing them time to settle in and then push for a starting position in the resumption of the league games. Personally I’m being greedy and hope the budget can stretch to two forwards. 

5 hours ago, pod said:

Saving on the electricity. :wink:

It’s off topic, but the club will be saving on stewards, police cover and cleaners. Once you weight it all up they might not want fans back in the stadium. In fact they seem to be doing pretty well with out us. 

23 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It’s off topic, but the club will be saving on stewards, police cover and cleaners. Once you weight it all up they might not want fans back in the stadium. In fact they seem to be doing pretty well with out us. 

The supporters were right behind the players on Saturday. :happyclapper

15 hours ago, Caldy_87 said:

When is a decision due for the Striker from PSV? I don’t want this potential transfer taking ages to sort out, only to be told it’s a definitive No. You would hope the club have set a deadline date and if there is no reply then we move on to another target. It would be good to get a Striker in before the international break. Allowing them time to settle in and then push for a starting position in the resumption of the league games. Personally I’m being greedy and hope the budget can stretch to two forwards. 

The current quarantine rules in place for travelling to and from countries including Holland, would mean a player brought in from overseas is likely going have to self isolate for 14 days, then they would be behind on team training. 
I think at the moment, our best chances of getting a striker in sooner, is a loanee or free agent from England.