Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Just saw that, Erwin has played 150 league games in 8 years scoring a total of 30 goals not scoring over 8 in any season.

Please don't have us signing him.

Record has us signing Lee Erwin from RC and a LB from England on loan  , both , hopefully before the weekend !

26 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Just saw that, Erwin has played 150 league games in 8 years scoring a total of 30 goals not scoring over 8 in any season.

Please don't have us signing him.

Done and dusted AFAIK. Only reason it wasn't announced today is we're still trying to finalise the deal for a left back , which should also be announced tomorrow !

Guy is a complete dud, St Mirren and Ross County were lowest scorers last season and we just signed their 3rd/4th choice striker.

Goodwin likes these non scoring strikers.

Done and dusted AFAIK. Only reason it wasn't announced today is we're still trying to finalise the deal for a left back , which should also be announced tomorrow !

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Guy is a complete dud, St Mirren and Ross County were lowest scorers last season and we just signed their 3rd/4th choice striker.

Goodwin likes these non scoring strikers.

Googled him and was surprised how young he is . Probably comes under the category of " has a point to prove " . Seems he has a bit of skill . If he has a bit of pace and a decent work rate he should do a decent job for us as a squad player . A talented young left back though would be a decent addition .

6 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Erwin is a physical presence and has a bit of pace might be q good partner for Obika although as usual some as writing him off before the ink has dried on his contract. I'd love some names from those dismissing him as who we should be signing (actual names)

Those already writing him off will come up with the usual football manager type names not realistic targets. We are who we are and as such cut our cloth accordingly 

I dismissed Jakubiak before he signed as a dud last season my point being he was "another striker who doesn't score goals".

I got slaughtered on here but I was proved right 1 deflected goal was all he managed.

Unfortunately Erwin is exactly the same 7 clubs in 8 years, 8 goals his highest goal tally, he is 3rd choice striker at the lowest scorers in SPL, 21 starts last season 1 goal.

He might indeed be a good partner for Obika but last season we had 6 strikers (5 partners for Obika never scored goals) are we just to rely on Obika for every goal and the guys like Erwin/Morias are there to just run about alot.

Erwin is a physical presence and has a bit of pace might be q good partner for Obika although as usual some as writing him off before the ink has dried on his contract. I'd love some names from those dismissing him as who we should be signing (actual names)

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

I dismissed Jakubiak before he signed as a dud last season my point being he was "another striker who doesn't score goals".

I got slaughtered on here but I was proved right 1 deflected goal was all he managed.

Unfortunately Erwin is exactly the same 7 clubs in 8 years, 8 goals his highest goal tally, he is 3rd choice striker at the lowest scorers in SPL, 21 starts last season 1 goal.

He might indeed be a good partner for Obika but last season we had 6 strikers (5 partners for Obika never scored goals) are we just to rely on Obika for every goal and the guys like Erwin/Morias are there to just run about alot.

11 starts but don't let that get in the way of the rant.

15 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

How many goals did Obika score in league games last season.