Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

I would sell. Last year of his contract and he spends more time out than in. Get cash in and actually sign a player who can create chances and a striker who knows the way to goal. Infact tell Hibs they can have Sheron and Morais too. 

Just repeat kenny mcclean all over again and get an Alan Gow into replace him sounds great.

Hibs and Aberdeen shouldn’t be able to afford what we would want for him injury prone or not Kyle is more than capable of reaching the levels like kenny and John.

If Judas Ross gets another player from us on the cheap, I'm done. May have to consider my SMISA membership. 
I’m done too. How can skint Hibs afford him? Ok not a great season last year but it’s clear he’s a potential match winner and is our leader. If saints sell I’m really going to consider my investment in them 
Is it april already [emoji23]

I might be in a minority, but I think it would depend on the offer. If we can use the money to improve other areas of the squad, ie cover in defence, playmaker in midfield, then given his injury woes and the fact he's out of contract at the end of the season, it might not be a bad bit of business.

Neither Stevie Mallan or Scott Allan are in the Hibs team just now, I wonder if a wee swap deal might be possible? 

Kyle Magennis will get nowhere near the levels of John McGinn and probably McLean too given he made it to the EPL. It it was a deal that could see Mallan return I'd snap your hand off, he's EXACTLY the type of player we need right now, someone willing to get forward with a goal threat and a good dead ball threat too.

I might be in a minority, but I think it would depend on the offer. If we can use the money to improve other areas of the squad, ie cover in defence, playmaker in midfield, then given his injury woes and the fact he's out of contract at the end of the season, it might not be a bad bit of business.
Neither Stevie Mallan or Scott Allan are in the Hibs team just now, I wonder if a wee swap deal might be possible? 

Won't be Scott Allan. He hasn't played for a while due to health reasons.

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Kyle Magennis will get nowhere near the levels of John McGinn and probably McLean too given he made it to the EPL. It it was a deal that could see Mallan return I'd snap your hand off, he's EXACTLY the type of player we need right now, someone willing to get forward with a goal threat and a good dead ball threat too.

Not to be blunt but I think we will need more than 1 player to buck this trend.

Most of the squad are good enough to finish higher than 11th in it's unfortunately the manager that needs changing to fix this mess.

On Magennis his best season was in the Championship where he was brilliant as a box to box midfielder alongside Mallan sadly without Jack Ross he has never reached that level of performance again might be in best interests for all parties for him to go to Hibs.

Not to be blunt but I think we will need more than 1 player to buck this trend.

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

Embarrassing that we’ve actually put his out on our website 

Why?

If they hadn't then the usual suspects would have been whining about the club keeping them in the dark.

Instead we've got whining about the club not keeping us in the dark.

TBH, if you want to see embarrassing, then look no further than your posts.:rolleyes:

Edited by FTOF

Really shouldn't even be option given how things are currently going this season. 
I imagine Hibs bids must be pretty low given we've knocked them back.

Agree it was probably a low bid, but can’t help think we’re only advertising the fact he could be for sale in order to try to generate some more interest.

I know he’s club captain but, if he wants to go, then perhaps it’s best to sell now, as long as we can bring in another couple of players now.
And unless we start picking up points soon I suspect we’ll need significant funds for the January window.

Need a decent sell on % too

Mallan on loan along with McGregor wouldn’t be bad either (I’m assuming they’re not injured)