Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Agreed but then most of the above aren't in much different a bracket from Jackson, Hammill and Ferdinand from a few years ago. All massively experienced players that we were surprised at landing given they'd surely attract higher wages.

For every one of the above I could scrape around and name you duffers we've been landed with.

The key point is you have a better selection before the window closes, players can settle quicker and the support have some hope.

When we had the choice of every player in Europe & abroad within our budget we got a player who is injured until past the date he can be recalled by his parent club and a 19 year old who has played 12 games in his career.

For those reasons I don't hold out much hope of decent signings of the limited choice of out of contract players.

On 9/29/2020 at 7:46 PM, barrhead saint said:

The way we play leaves our strikers feeding on scraps. 15 goals for a player this season, on the way we are set up, would be a miracle. Hope I'm wrong though.

Yeah Shankland  and Stewart are two strikers that fill that criteria who were on our books. We need to be a bit less Hamilton Accies 

On 10/6/2020 at 5:56 PM, Mid Calder Saint said:
On 10/4/2020 at 8:00 PM, Hendo said:
Still think we need a left back as cover and a creative midfielder in the Stevie Mallan mould in.

Jim saying today he has funds available to bring in another two players he is now looking at players out of contract and is hopeful of adding to the squad soon.

Perhaps this what Moralis was hinting at.

4 minutes ago, pod said:

Now totally :unsure:

I was, too.  :)

6 minutes ago, Buddymarvellous said:

I think the qatar club were enquiring about Morias but the predictive text put in Morelos

There's a better player also - but called Moralis.

But on here I was sure it was another misspelling of Junior's surname.

(which I did a few times initially...)

Edited by antrin

14 minutes ago, antrin said:

I was, too.  :)

There's a better player also - but called Moralis.

But on here I was sure it was another misspelling of Junior's surname.

(which I did a few times initially...)

Think confusion started when Junior appeared,  shouldn't it have be Filipe Morais.  :whistle

1 hour ago, pod said:

Think confusion started when Junior appeared,  shouldn't it have be Filipe Morais.  :whistle

Ach! Of course, it’s Morais!

sorry.  Eedjit, that I am...

I'm on currently drugs and that could be my excuse...

Edited by antrin
Typed Morias wrong...!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/20/2020 at 10:08 PM, Buddie1877_ said:

Where are these free agents we were meant to be signing

Given were about a month away from the January window, I have no doubt that we have a list as long as JG's arm. (Well that's his usual patter)

Be interesting to see who is going out . . . and of course who will come in . . .

• 1 month later...