Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 1/9/2021 at 12:18 AM, Ronnie said:

Something that we have been built of plenty times over the years.

Hopefully Brophy signing is doing that to Kilmarnock (jury is out) most Kilmarnock fans seem glad to see the back of him most St Mirren fans excited by his signing.

Jury defo out on Brophy, see how fans are if he hasnt scored in 3 games...

Just now, RossCSmfc said:

I think Mulgrew would still be okay at this level. Adequate cover for Shaughnessy/McCarthy but not sure he would be keen on sitting on the bench unless we intend on changing shape. Definitely don't think he's got the legs to be a midfielder anymore.

He'd be able to fit in at Left back as well.

7 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

That would be ideal. Lack of pace is always a fear for me in the full back positions but Tait and Fraser have been fine. Some left foot for set pieces too.

Do you think there’s a chance of this one going through?

No idea, I hadn't heard a thing until @billyghad mentioned he'd heard a rumour of it over on P&B. 

18 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

That would be ideal. Lack of pace is always a fear for me in the full back positions but Tait and Fraser have been fine. Some left foot for set pieces too.

Do you think there’s a chance of this one going through?

Tait has been skinned a few times by some of the quicker players.

If we were looking for cover on the left, then I'd be looking for someone with a bit of speed to counter opposition forwards with a bit of pace.

If we are looking at Mulgrew, then it's a strange one, unless someone is leaving.

4 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Was about to say that if someone comes in at CH then I think Foley will almost certainly be away. Understandable that we'd hang onto him until a replacement is in the door.

I rather keep Foley if the alternative was Mulgrew. Especially given I’d expect Mulgrew to come at a significantly higher cost. 
I rate Foley at centre back.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2