Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Surely this is not always the annual answer to our problems - ie. January transfer window panic signings.

I would rather see us get the best out of the squad we have (barring injuries) and by finding and fielding our best formation.

It's an important part of the manager's job to motivate and build up the players he has.

Do the supporters not deserve an explanation as to why the 2 'F's are not getting a chance to prove or establish themselves when it is clear to most people that we need more experience in the midfield.

It is also obvious to most of us that we will not get the best out of Brophy by playing him as a single striker.

We have only occasionally shown an attacking style to our play and created a lot of scoring opportunities. So perhaps it is the system/formation/coaching that's at fault rather than the personnel.

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It wouldn't be if we can get someone better in.

His 34 year old legs simply couldn't adapt to the enforced 5 month break from football and he came back a much lesser player.

It's clear Flynn and Foley are not in the managers long-term plans. It's as if he wants to try and build a team that will lead into next season and both Flynn and Foley are not part of that plan. 

I believe that if it were not for Flynns injury, he would have been in the starting lineup from the off, though as the manager tries to now build a team with pace and Flynn, who was covering a now occupied right back role, it would be difficult to bring him back in and expect it to click. I do however think he is a useful player to have in our squad for the remainder of the season.

If Foley goes this window, you would think Sheron should also be called back to Fleetwood too surely, unless we don't have a terminate of loan clause in place. He's almost the forgotten man.

Sheron has to go. He is out of his depth up here. If we let Foley go then we need a hard B####### in the middle of the park to allow JDH to get his game back on track. Quaner signing looks doomed with injury so another forward player or playmaker would be good. 
He's only out for another week or two so he's hardly "doomed" !

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, Ethan said:
Sheron has to go. He is out of his depth up here. If we let Foley go then we need a hard B####### in the middle of the park to allow JDH to get his game back on track. Quaner signing looks doomed with injury so another forward player or playmaker would be good. 

He's only out for another week or two so he's hardly "doomed" !

Out for a month. Will then have to get up to speed. We could have another Chabbi on our hands

On 1/19/2021 at 2:05 PM, buddied94 said:

Id like to see some more challenging for places at centre back … Stuart Findlay in from Killie who is in his last few months of his contract there. Good solid centre back with experience in this league I feel guys like Shaughnessy need to be challenged for their place if we are to get the best out of him.

I'd take him as cover or Guthrie ahead of big Joe . . 

1 or 2 more out likely and 1 in (As always) if it comes off !  Providing we don't get too many injuries our sqaud not too bad (apart from Sheron)

Clearly a few will be away now or in the summer...

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

I'd take him as cover or Guthrie ahead of big Joe . . 

1 or 2 more out likely and 1 in (As always) if it comes off !  Providing we don't get too many injuries our sqaud not too bad (apart from Sheron)

Clearly a few will be away now or in the summer...

Better no be Flynn.

4 hours ago, st jock said:

Jim saying tonight that Foley probably away and looking to getting a left footed defender to provide cover at the back as all our back four are right footed.

That's a shame but we are light for cover in midfield and especially defence.

Hope we can additionally replace both Mason and Sheron and send them back to their clubs.