Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

That's a shame but we are light for cover in midfield and especially defence.

Hope we can additionally replace both Mason and Sheron and send them back to their clubs.

Yeah, Foley was quite Hodson-eque in terms of the range of positions he could cover. At least Flynn is back, and the CM area doesn't look quite so light when we're playing 4-4-2.

Agree on the other two, too.

23 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

It's clear Flynn and Foley are not in the managers long-term plans. It's as if he wants to try and build a team that will lead into next season and both Flynn and Foley are not part of that plan. 

I believe that if it were not for Flynns injury, he would have been in the starting lineup from the off, though as the manager tries to now build a team with pace and Flynn, who was covering a now occupied right back role, it would be difficult to bring him back in and expect it to click. I do however think he is a useful player to have in our squad for the remainder of the season.

If Foley goes this window, you would think Sheron should also be called back to Fleetwood too surely, unless we don't have a terminate of loan clause in place. He's almost the forgotten man.

I will eat my words. What a sensational performance last night. Did not look out of place after being out so long. I'd keep him in the starting lineup for Saturday. 

I will eat my words. What a sensational performance last night. Did not look out of place after being out so long. I'd keep him in the starting lineup for Saturday. 

While it looks like Foley is away, after his performance last night, I’d like to think Flynn is still in the manager’s plans for next season.

A calm level head for the younger guys to learn from on the pitch, and tI’m sure he’s a good guy to have in the dressing room too.

12 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

He mentions Dylan Reid. He sounds promising...........St Mirren starlet Dylan Reid targeted by Benfica and Bayern Munich – The Scottish Sun.......Not at the present moment obviously.

Edited by pod

He mentions Dylan Reid. He sounds promising...........St Mirren starlet Dylan Reid targeted by Benfica and Bayern Munich – The Scottish Sun.......Not at the present moment obviously.

He’s mentioned Dylan before, seems the plan is to get him some game time before the end of this season and have him in the first team squad next season.

I’m all for that.

On 1/23/2021 at 10:49 PM, FTOF said:

They just signed Jackson Irvine and Chris Cadden.

Mallan is about sixth choice now,

Jackson Irvine is pants. Chris Cadden more of a wide player. WTF is Jack trying to do? Turn Hibs into a team of central midfield players.  Good. One more shite time in the league will make it easier for us.

3 minutes ago, insaintee said:

Jackson Irvine is pants. Chris Cadden more of a wide player. WTF is Jack trying to do? Turn Hibs into a team of central midfield players.  Good. One more shite time in the league will make it easier for us.

34 caps for Australia would suggest otherwise. 

IF we were signing him most would be, quite rightly, getting pretty excited. 

2 hours ago, insaintee said:

I thought J Irvine was Hibs best player against the Fakes last week.

Also thought his fitness was excellent since he hasn't played since last season. 

Find out on Monday how good or bad he may be. 

41 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Also thought his fitness was excellent since he hasn't played since last season. 

Indeed.

I thought his link up play from back to front was excellent. He likes to get into the box too.

Indeed.
I thought his link up play from back to front was excellent. He likes to get into the box too.
34 caps for Australia would suggest otherwise. 
IF we were signing him most would be, quite rightly, getting pretty excited. 
Watch the highlights of Dundee Utd v Hibs yesterday best player on pitch by a mile and set up both goals with really good passes especially the first one.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Mutterings of Connor Sheilds being someone we're potentially looking at on a pre-contract along with Killie and Dundee Utd.

Goodwin worked with him at Alloa and he's got 9 goals in 17 this season for a relatively poor QotS team.

Hi scoring record prior to queens looks poor

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Mutterings of Connor Sheilds being someone we're potentially looking at on a pre-contract along with Killie and Dundee Utd.

Goodwin worked with him at Alloa and he's got 9 goals in 17 this season for a relatively poor QotS team.

Would be delighted with that, a good age as well. If we went into next season with Obika, Dennis, Brophy & Shields I’d be very happy. Big German TBC I suppose but get the feeling Erwin might drop out the pecking order.   

19 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Hi scoring record prior to queens looks poor

It happens sometimes that guys just start to click. Especially with younger guys at the start of their career...I mean look at Kevin Nisbet's record before Raith Rovers picked him up...8 goals in 70 games and 6 of those were at league 2 level and now he's getting £3m bids thrown about for him.

image.png.d665cb40e0baae81a221f3c4e1de6aa8.png

Edited by djchapsticks

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Would be delighted with that, a good age as well. If we went into next season with Obika, Dennis, Brophy & Shields I’d be very happy. Big German TBC I suppose but get the feeling Erwin might drop out the pecking order.   

If we bring another striker in I doubt we'll keep Obika. I think he, along with Erwin, will be surplus to requirement.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

If we bring another striker in I doubt we'll keep Obika. I think he, along with Erwin, will be surplus to requirement.

Yeah I think that could be the case, been a good servant but we always need to be looking to progress. If he does stay though, would be happy. 

For me, Obika is our most effective striker and played a very important part of our success this season. It would be madness to let him go at this stage. I expect Brophy to become our number one striker when he gets up to speed but I can't see him being involved in more goals than Obika does. Dennis is still a bit of an unknown quantity but has showed some promise in the last couple of games but I would definitely be concerned if we were going ahead without that option.

Edited by RossCSmfc