Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 2/1/2021 at 11:33 AM, stlucifer said:

If we bring another striker in I doubt we'll keep Obika. I think he, along with Erwin, will be surplus to requirement.

Erwin contracted for a further year though - but Obika's contract is up this summer I believe. Unless he suddenly starts banging them in I think he will be away as he is probably on bigger money and it would free it up. He is loved and hated by so many because he is frustrating but can score goals. TRusting JG will do what's best and hopefully he will get it right...

Perhaps we have not seen the best of Erwin yet. Some players take time to get running like they can? The jury is out though !

10 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I like Obika, he always puts in a shift and let's the opposition CH know he's been in a contest. If he was a goal machine as well we probably couldn't afford him in the first place. He's one I'd be happy to see with us next season too.

I agree. I like Obika. Very good squad player. 

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Am up Aberdeen today and speaking to Aberdeen diehard and he said Goodwin up here today for talks, can anybody tell me is this true?

If you were a Hibs supporter, he would probably tell you Ross was up here having talks. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, paul torfason said:

They probably yanking my chain,funny how you say hibs,do you remember Goodwin actually asked for permission to speak to hibs when he was our captain?then decided to stay in paisley 

Better the devil you know. 

On 3/11/2021 at 6:00 PM, paul torfason said:

They probably yanking my chain,funny how you say hibs,do you remember Goodwin actually asked for permission to speak to hibs when he was our captain?then decided to stay in paisley 

If Goodwin was talking to Aberdeen or an approach was made, the club would ha e announced it. They did so every time Jack Ross was approached. 

If Goodwin was talking to Aberdeen or an approach was made, the club would ha e announced it. They did so every time Jack Ross was approached. 
Apart from when Gordon Scott stood outside Hampden and said live on sky sports he wasn't going anywhere "he's on holiday with his family" less than 48 hours later he was Sunderland manager.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Apart from when Gordon Scott stood outside Hampden and said live on sky sports he wasn't going anywhere "he's on holiday with his family" less than 48 hours later he was Sunderland manager.

Imagine telling Scott your on holiday, then doing the dirty on him. :rolleyes:  

• 3 weeks later...