Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

17 hours ago, truesaint said:

Louis Moult anyone? Seems like our type of player. Just released by PNE following an injury ravished spell.

If he stays clear of injury, he is definitely the sort of player we should be looking at if he fits within our budget.

14 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Just wonder if we are one of a number of clubs interested in Dunfermline midfielder Kyle Turner currently on loan at Airdrie. Note that he rejected a new contract with Pars hence he was shipped out on loan.Anytime I watched Dunfermline on BBC earlier in the season he certainly looked the part.

We need to look above this type of player. We need players who can take us onto the next level.

25 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Just wonder if we are one of a number of clubs interested in Dunfermline midfielder Kyle Turner currently on loan at Airdrie. Note that he rejected a new contract with Pars hence he was shipped out on loan.Anytime I watched Dunfermline on BBC earlier in the season he certainly looked the part.

I'd imagine we are looking at both Turner and Regan Hendry of Raith Rovers. They are both among the best two players in the lower leagues. 

11 hours ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

I think he is heading south of the border.

12 hours ago, Danish Buddie said:

Cole is out of contract my motherwell mate confirmed it as does google. 

MotherwellEdit

On 2 October 2020, Cole returned to Motherwell on a contract until the end of the 2020–21 season

My bad. I thought id heard he had signed a new contract whilst watching highlights couple of weeks ago. It may have been another player they were talking about signing a new deal.

Id say Johnson’s future at Celtic will depend on who gets the manager gig and what budget he’s given.  Johnson has played very few games & has had a series of injury issues . 
Who is going to pay decent money to take him ?  Perhaps a season out on loan will be in store for him , but if that happens, I’d reckon it will be down south .

On 5/18/2021 at 9:41 PM, djchapsticks said:

I'd imagine we are looking at both Turner and Regan Hendry of Raith Rovers. They are both among the best two players in the lower leagues. 

When I saw that JG was present at a recent Fife derby, I asked my Rovers supporting mate who he might be looking at.

Regan Hendry was the name he mentioned. Apparently been a standout for Rovers.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

On 5/18/2021 at 9:29 PM, Ethan said:

We need to look above this type of player. We need players who can take us onto the next level.

Could Hibs fans not have said that about Kevin Nisbet?

They signed Nesbit from a Championship team and Magennis from a Premiership team. I bet I know which one they are more glad they signed. 
Unless of course you are claiming to have in-depth knowledge of this particular player and don’t think he’s good enough, in which case I’d defer to your better knowledge. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Could Hibs fans not have said that about Kevin Nisbet?

They signed Nesbit from a Championship team and Magennis from a Premiership team. I bet I know which one they are more glad they signed. 
Unless of course you are claiming to have in-depth knowledge of this particular player and don’t think he’s good enough, in which case I’d defer to your better knowledge. 

My mate is a huge Airdrie fan and says he has been decent for them but doesn't reckon he is good enough for the SPL. He could be wrong but he is usually honest in his assessment. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

When I saw that JG was present at a recent Fife derby, I asked my Rovers supporting mate who he might be looking at.

I think Regan has demons and will turn heads

Very good with a cross though and able to communicate on a number of levels

I’m sure JG will already have a number of targets lined up and who he pursues will be dependent on which of our out of contract players accept our offers to extend their stay or decide to leave.

T JG e good news is that it’s unlikely to be a huge turnover of players that we’ve had in prior years, however, that doesn’t mean I’ll be any less frustrated at the lack of news or rumours on players signing than before.

4 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

I’m sure JG will already have a number of targets lined up and who he pursues will be dependent on which of our out of contract players accept our offers to extend their stay or decide to leave.

T JG e good news is that it’s unlikely to be a huge turnover of players that we’ve had in prior years, however, that doesn’t mean I’ll be any less frustrated at the lack of news or rumours on players signing than before.

I think it will be a small squad next season again, be usual no left back or strikers who can score in squad. Same old same old...don't kid yourself..

4 hours ago, God of war said:

I think it will be a small squad next season again, be usual no left back or strikers who can score in squad. Same old same old...don't kid yourself..

I think "your" boring. 

22 hours ago, Yflab said:

I don’t see Celtic getting rid of Johnson without a transfer fee, so IMO that rules us out. Unless you know he is out of contract. The other issue would be his wages which I imagine would be too steep for us.

2025 his contract runs to; I think a loan could be on the cards, potentially. Bit they'd maybe want to send him overseas somewhere. Might depend what's going on in the world at that point.

20 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I saw a few Raith games this season and he was indeed a standout. I'd be fairly confident he could make the step up. He's out of contract at the end of the month so there will be a lot of competition for him.

Edited by Magic Monkey