Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, Bgsaint said:

Yep, a wee look at several other teams posts on pie and bovril shows several teams fans hope they sign Regan Hendry, this years Kevin Nesbit. 

No where near good enough...poor goal return and five assists....

On 5/21/2021 at 11:50 AM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Could Hibs fans not have said that about Kevin Nisbet?

They signed Nesbit from a Championship team and Magennis from a Premiership team. I bet I know which one they are more glad they signed. 
Unless of course you are claiming to have in-depth knowledge of this particular player and don’t think he’s good enough, in which case I’d defer to your better knowledge. 

Didn't Andy Robertson and Lyndon Dykes go from Queens Park to the Scottish Premiership too?

I guess these players would also have been beneath @Ethan? :lol:

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

Both over rated 🤣🤣

Yep. :lol:

On a serious note, this is the market we're going to be shopping in so we should get used to the idea of trying to unearth a gem from the lower divisions.

We didn't do too badly out of Ireland either although I suspect most of us thought Jim had made a mistake there.

What is a real surprise is that we've consistently struggled to bring good players up from the lower leagues in England.

Not speculation but watching Forest Green v Newport just now and Nicky Cadden is looking pretty decent probably motm with 10 mins to go.

Just looked at his stats (as don't remember him) played most of games for Livi when they got to premier league then not much after ended up at Ayr and Morton before Forest Green still only 24 maybe an option if Durmus leaves.

Looks quite tricky and likes an early cross into box, deliveries are pretty decent too.

8 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Liam Polworth getting released by Motherwell and only 26, was a brilliant player before and maybe just needs a new challenge.

Trust Goodwin would get the best out of him 👍

There were rumours that we were in for him before he left ICT.

'Well fans seem to think he's lazy and prone to spitting the dummy. Slow but creative apparently.

I suppose a change of scenery might be beneficial.

Liam Polworth getting released by Motherwell and only 26, was a brilliant player before and maybe just needs a new challenge.
Trust Goodwin would get the best out of him [emoji106]

I’ve always liked Polworth. I can’t believe he’s only 26, with plenty experience, and just the kind of player we could do with in midfield.

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I’ve always liked Polworth. I can’t believe he’s only 26, with plenty experience, and just the kind of player we could do with in midfield.

Think I checked him out when he was rumoured to be coming our way when still with ICT.

He had a huge number of assists in an ICT team that was decidedly ordinary at the time.

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Think I checked him out when he was rumoured to be coming our way when still with ICT.

He had a huge number of assists in an ICT team that was decidedly ordinary at the time.

I think he provided loads of assists at well last season too. 

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Trust Goodwin would get the best out of him 👍

His wife was on twitter a few weeks ago having a go at Alexander for not selecting him. She said something along the lines of , thank god we're going back north far away from this shithole 😄

Just became available

16Doyle

• 22Millen
  • 5Broadfoot
  • 14Rossi
  • 3HaunstrupSubstituted forWhitehallat 33'minutesBooked at 87mins
  • 29BurkeSubstituted forKiltieat 58'minutes
  • 6Power
  • 27TshibolaBooked at 55mins
  • 19Pinnock
  • 7McKenzieBooked at 73mins
  • 28Lafferty