Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Whose judgement to trust, whose judgement to trust... 

The managers selecting a lad who has been deemed good enough to be called up for Scotland at every level so far outwith senior vs the opinion of someone who can't even spell the player in question's name that he's passing judgement on. 

Aye, it's quite a quandary right enough. 🤔🙈

Fecking superb, because u spell guy's name wrong he has became a better player 🤣🤣🤣 Errrrrahhhooonnn...he must be magic now!!!

4 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Congrats on missing the entire point. 

You changed the point when your statement got blown out the water wee man, jog on to the lego shop!

2 minutes ago, God of war said:

You changed the point when your statement got blown out the water wee man, jog on to the lego shop!

'Wee man' :lol: 

The point I was making and you'd have understood if you used your loaf, was that I hardly think you are an authority to provide any sort of in depth judgement on the ability of a guy who is deemed good enough to make it to national team squads in his age group on a consistent basis, when you can't even take the time to learn his f**king name.

I am one of those who think Ethan will develop into a first class defensive midfielder, I do not understand what some fans expect, the lad only turned 20 this month yet they expect him to be the finished article. 

He would not be expected to be at his peak until at least 26 when he has enough experience and has filled out but there is no chance he will not have been sold by then so enjoy while you can.

You only have to look at Mclean and McGinn to see what might be possible as there were fans that didn't rate them either when they were here.

8 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

You only have to look at Mclean and McGinn to see what might be possible as there were fans that didn't rate them either when they were here.

Both played well for us, but had to move on too really shine, reflecting in transfer fees. 

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

'Wee man' :lol: 

The point I was making and you'd have understood if you used your loaf, was that I hardly think you are an authority to provide any sort of in depth judgement on the ability of a guy who is deemed good enough to make it to national team squads in his age group on a consistent basis, when you can't even take the time to learn his f**king name.

So on that basis if you make it to national team selection you are decent😅 haha, jog on hen!

I am one of those who think Ethan will develop into a first class defensive midfielder, I do not understand what some fans expect, the lad only turned 20 this month yet they expect him to be the finished article. 
He would not be expected to be at his peak until at least 26 when he has enough experience and has filled out but there is no chance he will not have been sold by then so enjoy while you can.
Or going further back, Paul Lambert.

19 hours ago, billyg said:

We have expressed an interest in Dunfermline captain Euan Murray who is out of contract. Kilmarnock and Dundee also interested !

Euan Murray (born 20 January 1994) is a Scottish footballer who plays as a defender for Dunfermline Athletic. He began his career at Motherwell and has also played for, Arbroath, Clyde, Stenhousemuir and Raith Rovers as well as English clubs Barrow and Southport, and in the Solomon Islands for Western United. Those names do set the heather on fire.

He is described as a defender centre back who can play defensive midfielder. he has 24 appearances in the championship 3 goals and 1 assist. Dunfermline finished 4th 19 points off the top. They conceded 1.26 goals per game.

I have never seen him play but nothing I have found suggests that he is a Premiership player.

On 2/1/2021 at 1:01 PM, RossCSmfc said:

Also like the look of Connor Shields, Killie appear to be favourites but surely they wont sign a player without a manager? James Fowler appears to be calling the shots there but would expect us to be in a better position to get him.

Motherwell have just signed Connor Shields.

3 hours ago, alansaint said:

On what planet has Ethan not been, apart from a few games where his levels have dropped which is going to happen with young players, one of our success stories of the season? Anyone who can’t see that needs their head read.

You can have a go with GOW but it’s mainly just pictures.

Oi, stop bigging yourself up! It wasn’t just a spelling error. It was also (and arguably more importantly) a grammatical error![emoji3]
The only reason I mentioned it was because the :wink: made it look like he was referencing the "you opinion" instead of "your opinion" in the post he was replying to.

We all know that it's important not to make ani speelin errurs when commenting on sumwun Elsie's.