Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Oi, stop bigging yourself up! It wasn’t just a spelling error. It was also (and arguably more importantly) a grammatical error!😀

I thought I left all that behind, when I left school 50 years ago. :whistle

Wish I was so perfect. Not. :wink:

Edited by pod

Chris Burke apparently has saints transfer option according to the record.
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/chris-burke-st-mirren-transfer-24200837
A good signing three or four years ago.

He's played well against us this season in a couple of games, but against Dundee he was pretty anonymous.

I'm worried that his legs are starting to go. With the system we appear to be favouring, we need someone with the energy to get up the pitch and also get back to defend. I'm not confident Burke fits that bill.

On the right depending on circumstances we either play Connolly as a winger or Tait as as wing back. Naismith imho is a better wing back option than Tait.

And although I believe Burke is now too old for this level his crossing is better than anyone we have and he has impressed me this season although I would prefer Connolly to stay.

Burke would be a very decent addition to the squad. Great crosser of a ball. Good early work by the Club securing Shaugnessy and Fraser but its a bit of a concern that we seem to be struggling to tie down Durmus and Connolly - maybe less so JDH as he hasn't seemed likely to stay for a while. Saints not competing on cash?

Guy Melamed (born 21 December 1992) is an Israeli professional footballer who plays as a forward for Scottish Premiership club St Johnstone. Scored 5 goals in 18 appetences. 

He has turned down a contact, do not know why probably money or may be not settled in Perth be worth taking to his agent with that scoring ratio. Tanser contract also expired 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
15 hours ago, Ethan said:
Naismith leaving County. Bring him home

To play ahead of who ? He's hardly going to come as "cover" to sit on the bench.

Tait struggles with pace. Jason has pass and hit a good cross into the box. I would bring him back

This happens every "closed season". Whenever any ex-player gets freed by their club somebody always starts a thread urging us to re-sign him. Maybe Steven McGarry or Billy Mehmet are available too ???

There will be thousands of decent pros becoming available soon within our pay range. Be patient. 

38 now. 1 injury could finish him. Been a good player but bit of an a risk at that age.

Burke would be a very decent addition to the squad. Great crosser of a ball. Good early work by the Club securing Shaugnessy and Fraser but its a bit of a concern that we seem to be struggling to tie down Durmus and Connolly - maybe less so JDH as he hasn't seemed likely to stay for a while. Saints not competing on cash?

Tait struggles with pace. Jason has pass and hit a good cross into the box. I would bring him back
Personally, I prefer Tait but I fear the signs have been there this season that the gaffer doesn't.

Tait always seems to be the first dropped or subbed, even after flawless games. [emoji26]

55 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Tait is probably one of the fittest players over 90mins at the club, always at either end of the park up to the last kick of a ball. Fraser and Flynn also play that position as well as Tammy for cover.

Tait is currently a better defender than Naismith ever was or ever will be. I simply cannot believe that some folk want to replace Tait never mind with Jason Naismith.

I never get the obsession with bringing back former players at the best of times but Naismith just isn't very good. Never looked anything but the level of the other RC defenders any time we played them. We need to show more ambition. If we want to replace a player it has to be with an upgrade. In the case of Tait imo that would be very difficult in our wage structure.

Tait is currently a better defender than Naismith ever was or ever will be. I simply cannot believe that some folk want to replace Tait never mind with Jason Naismith.

I never get the obsession with bringing back former players at the best of times but Naismith just isn't very good. Never looked anything but the level of the other RC defenders any time we played them. We need to show more ambition. If we want to replace a player it has to be with an upgrade. In the case of Tait imo that would be very difficult in our wage structure.

For me, Tait is one of our best, and most versatile, players and I would not be looking to replace him, without consideration to our current wage structure.

Comparing Naismith favourably to Tait is borderline offensive.

Tait is a class act and absolutely one of our best and fittest players. In terms of shear attitude on the pitch and leading by example, I'd challenge anyone to provide a better example in recent memory.

He's probably been left out of some games because there are better players for a back 3 and maybe to rest him a little.

We have expressed an interest in Dunfermline captain Euan Murray who is out of contract. Kilmarnock and Dundee also interested !
The Kilmarnock fan in my work tells me their rumour mill has Murray, and 2 players from Raith(one a centre half) all very close to signing for them supposedly all 3 are from Ayrshire and have a desire to play closer to home.