Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

On 5/28/2021 at 5:42 PM, saintargyll said:

i'd rather we were a building club and not a put out to pasture sanctuary

This is true but for me he still looks fit and up for it. Also think playing/training with Burke would be a big positive in the developement of Jay Henderson and Lewis Jamieson if he stays. I don't really understand the big push to bring Naismith back

19 hours ago, alansaint said:

Don’t need a right full back. We have the following that can play/have played there:
Fraser
Tait
Finlayson
Flynn
MacPherson

Budget better used in forward areas.

Indeed.

A left footed player who can play at CH and LB, and can fit into the left of a back three, is all that we need in defence IMO.

Forward Ross Callachan is to leave Hamilton Academical after activating a clause in his contract allowing him to walk away for free after relegation from the top flight. 

Top goal scorer for Hamilton 9 goals and 3 assists in the league, not a bad return from midfield

45 minutes ago, JPB1957 said:

Forward Ross Callachan is to leave Hamilton Academical after activating a clause in his contract allowing him to walk away for free after relegation from the top flight. 

Top goal scorer for Hamilton 9 goals and 3 assists in the league, not a bad return from midfield

So did Forward Ross Callachan score all his goals from midfield ? 😉

Joking aside, I know this fella is getting bigged up by a lot of people. I wonder if we are looking ? 

33 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So did Forward Ross Callachan score all his goals from midfield ? 😉

Joking aside, I know this fella is getting bigged up by a lot of people. I wonder if we are looking ? 

I know an Accies fan ( yes there is one) and he says that the guy is a lazy buggar who just plays when he feels like it, he will end up at County or Livi 

I know an Accies fan ( yes there is one) and he says that the guy is a lazy buggar who just plays when he feels like it, he will end up at County or Livi 
There is 2 i work in-between Airdrie and Motherwell and on the nighshift there is 1 Hamilton fan, 1 St Mirren fan, 1 Kilmarnock fan & 1 St Johnstone fan.

According to St Johnstone fan they are rumoured to be interested in Callachan.

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:

There is 2 i work in-between Airdrie and Motherwell and on the nighshift there is 1 Hamilton fan, 1 St Mirren fan, 1 Kilmarnock fan & 1 St Johnstone fan.

According to St Johnstone fan they are rumoured to be interested in Callachan.

He's played there before and if they are interested it would be a no brainer for him to be interested himself, joining a double cup winning side that will also be playing at least a handful of games in Europe too.

He's an okay player, though not one who I've ever thought would improve the quality of our own squad.

Edited by kevo_smfc

Callachan is a mediocre player who just happened to have the season of his life last year. He scored nearly as many last season along as he did in the previous 9 seasons combined.

He's a bit similar to when we had Ricky Gillies in the SPL with us in 2000/01. He scored 12-13 goals for the team who finished bottom and yet when we got relegated, folk were hardly scrambling to snap him up. Callachan is one of those types, he wouldn't improve us.

18 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Callachan is a mediocre player who just happened to have the season of his life last year. He scored nearly as many last season along as he did in the previous 9 seasons combined.

He's a bit similar to when we had Ricky Gillies in the SPL with us in 2000/01. He scored 12-13 goals for the team who finished bottom and yet when we got relegated, folk were hardly scrambling to snap him up. Callachan is one of those types, he wouldn't improve us.

I’m not so sure, I always liked him at Hearts and Raith so think he would’ve been handy for us. Obviously didn’t score as many goals but was always a threat without being the focal point of the team like he was at Hamilton.

That said, I think we fortunately have a superior player in McGrath and Callachan likely thought he wouldn’t get in our team ahead of him if we were actually interested in signing him.