Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Meh 😑

IF he does join, I’ll wish him all the best and hope he is a success at Saints but his history isn’t exactly sparkling . I would have thought we would have had enough of misfiring strikers over the last few seasons. 

Competition with Erwin for the non-scoring striker role?

Seems it's a random rumour from one person on Twitter. Really hope that they have been misinformed.

JG stated that we were playing a waiting game with our signings, as they were quality players and had other teams courting them.

Looking at Main's stats from the past few seasons, the term "quality" isn't an adjective that I'd use to describe him.

Edited by FTOF

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Kyle Lafferty seemingly telling whoppers about Killie treating him badly when in fact he was asking for a 400% wage increase. What a boy.

Think someone’s stretching the truth, might have been believable to ask for a small raise but 400%, someone’s pants are on fire. 

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Kyle Lafferty seemingly telling whoppers about Killie treating him badly when in fact he was asking for a 400% wage increase. What a boy.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:

So it was his "representatives" that were being stupid? 

Cheers. 👍

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Kinda committed to the grand a goal in his short term contract. 

If your determined to have a go at Lafferty, fire in, just might be better to keep to the FACTS, not your angle on them

FWIW he's the kind of player that would, IMO, get us into that top 6 position.

If your happy for our club to be  digging around for unknowns, then that's your prerogative. :byebye

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

If your determined to have a go at Lafferty, fire in, just might be better to keep to the FACTS, not your angle on them

FWIW he's the kind of player that would, IMO, get us into that top 6 position.

If your happy for our club to be  digging around for unknowns, then that's your prerogative. :byebye

Not determined to have a go at Lafferty.  Just repeating what's already  been reported. He was on big money and wanted to quadruple it at a relegated club  having to cut costs and make people redundant. He isn't for me and I hope he ends up elsewhere. On the football front, he was utter gash in both games against Dundee so don't agree with your assertion on his likely impact.

We have signed some excellent players under Jim and I hope he works his magic again.

All about opinions.  Apologies if you are one of his representatives. 😘

1 minute ago, magnus said:

Not determined to have a go at Lafferty.  Just repeating what's already  been reported. He was on big money and wanted to quadruple it at a relegated club  having to cut costs and make people redundant. He isn't for me and I hope he ends up elsewhere. On the football front, he was utter gash in both games against Dundee so don't agree with your assertion on his likely impact.

We have signed some excellent players under Jim and I hope he works his magic again.

All about opinions.  Apologies if you are one of his representatives. 😘

You misrepresented what was said on the Killie site, no, you totally put it down to him, more than misrepresentation. :lol:

He scored more goals in a short period of time, 8 goals in 9 league games.

Judging him on two game is rather, rash? 

As for "Jim" working his magic and coming up with good players, I'd suggest strikers are NOT in that group. 

I wish I was one of his representatives, I'd have asked for more than four times his wage. :wink:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You misrepresented what was said on the Killie site, no, you totally put it down to him, more than misrepresentation. :lol:

He scored more goals in a short period of time, 8 goals in 9 league games.

Judging him on two game is rather, rash? 

As for "Jim" working his magic and coming up with good players, I'd suggest strikers are NOT in that group. 

I wish I was one of his representatives, I'd have asked for more than four times his wage. :wink:

No misrepresentation at all unless you are you seriously suggesting that Lafferty's representatives weren't really representing Lafferty when they asked for his money to be quadrupled? So kinda just making shit up behind the dude's back?  That's some take on the Killie statement. Anyway pointless dragging this on. You like him. I get it.

4 minutes ago, magnus said:

No misrepresentation at all unless you are you seriously suggesting that Lafferty's representatives weren't really representing Lafferty when they asked for his money to be quadrupled? So kinda just making shit up behind the dude's back?  That's some take on the Killie statement. Anyway pointless dragging this on. You like him. I get it.

Aye, I like strikers that score goals, me bad. :lol:

Apparently Main is happening.

That's a f**king dreadful signing if true. And none of this 'Oh don't write him off before we've seen him in a Saints shirt' shite.

He's played for two of the top 4 clubs in Scotland at the time in Motherwell and Aberdeen and couldn't hit a coo in the arse with a banjo at either. I've seen enough of him to reach the conclusion that he's pish. 

What are we even doing sniffing about this level of player?!

32 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

That's a f**king dreadful signing if true. And none of this 'Oh don't write him off before we've seen him in a Saints shirt' shite.

He's played for two of the top 4 clubs in Scotland at the time in Motherwell and Aberdeen and couldn't hit a coo in the arse with a banjo at either. I've seen enough of him to reach the conclusion that he's pish. 

I've waited for a suitable occasion to use this.

Fucking Fuck me.gif

52 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Great just what we need another striker who can't score goals. Dennis is the only player we have who knows where the net is and he is injured most of the time. Seriously underwhelmed if this happens

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

This is our budget level when it comes to strikers, players who potentially could be decent. Unfortunately we are not a club that is able to pay for proven goal scorers at this level ( ie Mr Lafferty and his huge salary demands)