Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

The Fakes fan that claims we outcompeted them for Kiltie has posted on P&B that we're willing to pay the loan fee for Glenn Middleton, that they can't afford.

Amazing that we can outcompete a financially well run club that took in 500K in cup winning prize money this season. 

Or maybe the grapes are very, very sour.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

The Fakes fan that claims we outcompeted them for Kiltie has posted on P&B that we're willing to pay the loan fee for Glenn Middleton, that they can't afford.

Amazing that we can outcompete a financially well run club that took in 500K in cup winning prize money this season. 

I hope he is right. Middleton is exactly what we need.

3 hours ago, FTOF said:

I’d trade being Scottish Cup and League Cup holders for Kiltie or Middleton any day!

you tool! 😜

Might be nothing in it Tony Fitz has started following regan hendry would be a decent signing been standout for Raith this season
Every season 2 or 3 players that have good seasons in championship seem to be linked with the "other 10" Top League teams Nisbet last year Shields, Murray and Hendry this year.

Agree that he would be a decent/good signing.

Name I’ve been hearing a lot the past few days. Would be a good signing 
Is the boy from raith a holding midfielder? Or more box to box? Two types of Midfielders I feel we have missed are Shuggie/Goodwin breaking up play and the likes of a
Box to Box like Steven Thomson. I would hope the Raith boy is one of these at least.

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Is the boy from raith a holding midfielder? Or more box to box? Two types of Midfielders I feel we have missed are Shuggie/Goodwin breaking up play and the likes of a
Box to Box like Steven Thomson. I would hope the Raith boy is one of these at least.

Definitely more Thomson than a goody

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Raith describe him as a playmaker , which would mean he would be replacing JDH !

I think its more likely to be Chris Burke. No insider info just a feeling.
Jim was saying last week or this week we might be close to signing Connolly on again. What formation is he thinking if did sign Connolly again and Burke? Is it flexibility hd is going for?
442 you have Tait and Fraser as the defending wing backs? Burke and Connolly on either side? Where would Kiltie factor
532 or 352 would mean Tanser on left as more attacking? Would it be Dunne in back 3 or Fraser?
Will be interesting for sure.

Just now, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Jim was saying last week or this week we might be close to signing Connolly on again. What formation is he thinking if did sign Connolly again and Burke? Is it flexibility hd is going for?
442 you have Tait and Fraser as the defending wing backs? Burke and Connolly on either side? Where would Kiltie factor
532 or 352 would mean Tanser on left as more attacking? Would it be Dunne in back 3 or Fraser?
Will be interesting for sure.

It seems for the first time in ages we would have a squad with competition for every position.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:01 AM, MotherwellSaint said:

Might be nothing in it Tony Fitz has started following regan hendry would be a decent signing been standout for Raith this season

Wherever he's off to he's on his way apparently. Motherwell seems favourites to sign him according to Raith fans.