Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

34 minutes ago, elvis said:

Strange I have not read any Raith fans say that most are wondering where he's off to.

One states that’d he’d heard an unsubstantiated rumour it was Motherwell on their thread in P&B. Don’t see any Motherwell fans suggesting this, so wherever he’s off to their keeping their cards close to their chest. 

47 minutes ago, Bgsaint said:

One states that’d he’d heard an unsubstantiated rumour it was Motherwell on their thread in P&B. Don’t see any Motherwell fans suggesting this, so wherever he’s off to their keeping their cards close to their chest. 

My money is on hibs. All £1.37 of it.

I've  a feeling we already have a couple of bids in for Jamie McGrath and he will be away by the end of the month. Just a hunch. 

Would love us to make a move for Stevie Mallan if thus happens. 

Our next signing will be a big strong defensive midfielder to play next to Erahon, as I reckon JDH will be away too. 

Edited by MenstrieSaint

24 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I've  a feeling we already have a couple of bids in for Jamie McGrath and he will be away by the end of the month. Just a hunch. 

Would love us to make a move for Stevie Mallan if thus happens. 

Our next signing will be a big strong defensive midfielder to play next to Erahon, as I reckon JDH will be away too. 

I think you are spot on

I wonder if Aberdeen will offer some cash plus M.Kennedy, Goodwin tried to sign him before he went to Aberdeen. . (Edit, forget this idea just googled and see he played most games last year doubt they’d want rid) 

Edited by Bgsaint
Stupid post

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I rate McGrath higher than Mallan. I haven’t seen much evidence that Stevie has improved greatly since he left us. 

Yeah, I’m not thought bought into Malian returning. Nice footballer, but I don’t think he’s what we need.

41 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I think we all remember his wonder goal and his free kick ability, but besides that I don’t think he brings the same kind of energy and drive as McGrath who I can’t remember having even been substituted during his time with us.

yeah he did when he injured his shoulder (pedant) sorry 😶  

6 hours ago, Bgsaint said:

I wonder if Aberdeen will offer some cash plus M.Kennedy, Goodwin tried to sign him before he went to Aberdeen. . (Edit, forget this idea just googled and see he played most games last year doubt they’d want rid) 

Even if they did I'd tell themto ram it

12 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Rather keep him, until at least January. Get get the benefit of his play and possibly more interest from other teams.   

Please don’t sell to Aberdeen. Jamie is twice the player Mallan is - Mallan is a decent player but he isn’t in the same league here. If we get a good offer from England fair enough but selling him to Aberdeen for 300k is a joke and it better not happen - if it does I’ll be amazed 

Edited by norrie82

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Am I missing something here have Aberdeen made a bid for him.

They want him. They will probably sell the inferior player of Lewis Ferguson for £2M but want McGrath for £250k. He is worth more than that to us. Aberdeen can f**k off.

On 6/10/2021 at 1:54 PM, magnus said:

It seems for the first time in ages we would have a squad with competition for every position.

I'm thinking we will be a sort of 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 formation with two holding midfielders and two attack minded wing backs. 

We are targeting a holding midfielder that can also slot into central defence if required. 

I think the extra height in next seasons team will allow us to make more of Shaunessys long throws. 

We have definitely kicked on as a squad, as I don't see us involved in the relegation battle. 

8 hours ago, elvis said:

Am I missing something here have Aberdeen made a bid for him.

Not sure if Aberdeen but there has definitely been at least one official bid tabled for him. 

Don't know by whom or for how much and what level of consideration it was given but it definitely was placed and I'm guessing was rejected as I heard about it around a week ago. 

4 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I'm thinking we will be a sort of 3 - 4 - 1 - 2 formation with two holding midfielders and two attack minded wing backs. 

We are targeting a holding midfielder that can also slot into central defence if required. 

I think the extra height in next seasons team will allow us to make more of Shaunessys long throws. 

We have definitely kicked on as a squad, as I don't see us involved in the relegation battle. 

Although if we lose Jamie McGrath and JDH that's arguably our 2 best players away and not replaced.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Although if we lose Jamie McGrath and JDH that's arguably our 2 best players away and not replaced.

I really dont see JDH as one of our best players. He started brightly but was a shaddow of the player for most of his time.  I am not fussed if he goes

Has Kiltie not been brought in as an option for filling McGrath's role if he does go?
If he stays give us an option if we play 1 up from to have both likes of McGrath and Kiltie just behind to come through in attack?