Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

29 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I really dont see JDH as one of our best players. He started brightly but was a shaddow of the player for most of his time.  I am not fussed if he goes

I wonder who classed him as a defensive midfielder. He is a tidy enough midfield player but he is not a classic defensive mid. He needs to integrate more in midfield if he is going to progress in the game. I wonder if his agent is struggling to get him a better gig promoting him in this specific position.

I really dont see JDH as one of our best players. He started brightly but was a shaddow of the player for most of his time.  I am not fussed if he goes
Jim admitted JDH's form had dropped due to having no pre season, niggling injuries and the huge number of games in Feb. JDH is an class player and should show his worth next season if we are lucky enough to keep him.

5 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Not sure if Aberdeen but there has definitely been at least one official bid tabled for him. 

Don't know by whom or for how much and what level of consideration it was given but it definitely was placed and I'm guessing was rejected as I heard about it around a week ago. 

Pretty sure that if the club had received an offer they would have made a statement to either tell them to bugger off or to alert other clubs to get a bidding war going. It would be odd for them to say nothing.

Mind you, I know the square root of sod all about what happens at the club so....:D

Edited by oaksoft

Be an absolute slap in the face if he ends up there, we’ve had an offer on the table since late last year, getting fed up with it tbh, if he doesn’t want to be here then get him tae! Offer off the table, there will be much better players out there anyway.

Some agent he’s got though from holding out for a championship/LG 1 club to potentially signing for a club that finished below us last season.

Edited by mattman

He was an almost every present for them last year. I personally think they have f all chance of signing McGrath from us. But if Kennedy was available yeah defo.

Unless of course Dundee United blow us out the water after landing JDH [emoji1787]

With us losing Durmus and Connolly I wouldn’t be against us making a move for Matty kennedy at Aberdeen although they would probably play hard ball due to them wanting McGrath.

2 different matches season before last when fans were still allowed in Kennedy got the "your fuc#ing sh#te" song sung at him because well he was.

Another guy who likes a dive to con the referee and has about 2 good games a season.

It's a no from me.

16 minutes ago, elvis said:

Utd Confirm they are in negotiations with JDH  

Odd one. We seem to rate  him and want him but can't agree terms  yet United have got him interested? United look like a club with financial concerns, were pretty meh last season and have just  appointed an inexperienced manager. From the outside we look like by far the better bet.

Odd one. We seem to rate  him and want him but can't agree terms  yet United have got him interested? United look like a club with financial concerns, were pretty meh last season and have just  appointed an inexperienced manager. From the outside we look like by far the better bet.
I have a feeling they will work around him and let him play where here wants and the role he wants. This will then show case whatever talent he has. With us he has been asked to play deeper and be more a defensive midfielder, which he isn't good at, but the reason he has potentially preformed poorer is he doesn't want to play that role either. I think he wants to be in the McGrath role personally.

2 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
1 hour ago, magnus said:

I have a feeling they will work around him and let him play where here wants and the role he wants. This will then show case whatever talent he has. With us he has been asked to play deeper and be more a defensive midfielder, which he isn't good at, but the reason he has potentially preformed poorer is he doesn't want to play that role either. I think he wants to be in the McGrath role personally.

Possibly. Yes I could see that making sense. If McGrath were to leave we might be able to accommodate him?

Edited by magnus

Possibly. Yes I could see that making sense. If McGrath were to leave we might be able to accommodate him?
In my eyes Kiltie takes the McGrath role or you maybe get McAllister to play there to make use of him. If we were signing JDH I feel it was to play the same deeper Role again when asked and he doesn't like it.

29 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
54 minutes ago, magnus said:

In my eyes Kiltie takes the McGrath role or you maybe get McAllister to play there to make use of him. If we were signing JDH I feel it was to play the same deeper Role again when asked and he doesn't like it.

Agree here. I think McAllister would actually do better in this role than his current right wing role as he doesn't seem to have the legs for that type of running anymore to beat a man to the byline. He has a decent shot on him too.

I think its only a matter of time before McGrath leaves. If its this summer, we need to work with what we have to fill that role, unless we have someone else in mind.

A hatchet man in the middle/creative midfielder to work with Erhahon, move McAllister to a more off the striker role as an option, work on bringing a couple of more wingers in that can work a high press and have the legs for it,  since Durmus and Connolly have departed. 

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
2 hours ago, magnus said:

I would allow McAllister to leave. He doesn't have it at this level. He and Erwin should be let go.