Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Think we are well served in defence midfield looks good with mixture of youth and experience probably looking to replace Connolly and Durmus which should complete the squad Henderson still inexperienced but good potential McAllister ok as sub due to fitness issues.

Is that us finished in the transfer market or do people feel we still need to strengthen in specific areas ??

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Think we are well served in defence midfield looks good with mixture of youth and experience probably looking to replace Connolly and Durmus which should complete the squad Henderson still inexperienced but good potential McAllister ok as sub due to fitness issues.

Agreed. A winger would be a worthwhile addition. Durmus was excellent and Connolly seemed to be becoming more effective. We will miss them. No doubt Jim is on it. Ideally, Jim also brings in the surprise signing from a higher level looking to resurrect his career - always worth a punt.

I think we will sign a versatile defensive player shortly. But will chose not to sign any more attacking players until after the League Cup games.  Josh Jack, Lewis Jamieson and Jay Henderson will be given opportunities off the bench in the sectional games and maybe hopefully one or two of them might show they have what it takes to be part of the first team squad on match days. Think we will also get a couple of loanees in during this time, depending on how we show up in the league Cup games. 

On 5/24/2021 at 8:47 PM, JJ McG said:

Would imagine most of the bottom 6 clubs will be in for Polworth, ourselves, both Dundee clubs and probably St Johnstone i would imagine.

Polworth has signed for Killie. 2 year deal.

Agreed. A winger would be a worthwhile addition. Durmus was excellent and Connolly seemed to be becoming more effective. We will miss them. No doubt Jim is on it. Ideally, Jim also brings in the surprise signing from a higher level looking to resurrect his career - always worth a punt.
Is Kiltie not a winger???

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Polworth has signed for Killie. 2 year deal.

Killie are building well, expect them to come straight back up. 

I would of taken Polworth in a heartbeat, McGrath will be away before the season starts I think.

14 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

I think we will sign a versatile defensive player shortly. But will chose not to sign any more attacking players until after the League Cup games.  Josh Jack, Lewis Jamieson and Jay Henderson will be given opportunities off the bench in the sectional games and maybe hopefully one or two of them might show they have what it takes to be part of the first team squad on match days. Think we will also get a couple of loanees in during this time, depending on how we show up in the league Cup games. 

The defensive player was Power...ffs don't need anymore...

13 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
14 hours ago, God of war said:
The defensive player was Power...ffs don't need anymore...

If we go with a back 3 we might need 1 more that could play both CB and CDM. As CDM it be along side Power in a more disciplined role? Ethan is still learning and not as solid for the formation I feel Good win wants to play.

Agree with this.

I guess the only question is whether this leaves us with adequate cover for the wingbacks. Tait and Fraser can cover the right, but we'd struggle down the left if Tanser was injured. I guess a back 4 with Tait at LB would be an option again.

Agree with this.
I guess the only question is whether this leaves us with adequate cover for the wingbacks. Tait and Fraser can cover the right, but we'd struggle down the left if Tanser was injured. I guess a back 4 with Tait at LB would be an option again.
Dunne is left sided and very quick. Can play left CH in a three or LB in a four. No idea really but with his pace maybe left wingback too? Dunno. Option at least.