Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Agree with this.
I guess the only question is whether this leaves us with adequate cover for the wingbacks. Tait and Fraser can cover the right, but we'd struggle down the left if Tanser was injured. I guess a back 4 with Tait at LB would be an option again.
Yeah I'd be interested to see if looking for someone who could potentially cover LWB or play a more advanced role in LM or LW to allow formation changes.

10 hours ago, scam75 said:
10 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:
Agree with this.
I guess the only question is whether this leaves us with adequate cover for the wingbacks. Tait and Fraser can cover the right, but we'd struggle down the left if Tanser was injured. I guess a back 4 with Tait at LB would be an option again.

Dunne is left sided and very quick. Can play left CH in a three or LB in a four. No idea really but with his pace maybe left wingback too? Dunno. Option at least.

Ah, ok, wasn't aware he was pacey. Can't honestly recall seeing him play. That's potentially a solution if we're in a pinch, though.

On 6/24/2021 at 9:58 AM, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
On 6/24/2021 at 9:18 AM, God of war said:
The defensive player was Power...ffs don't need anymore...

If we go with a back 3 we might need 1 more that could play both CB and CDM. As CDM it be along side Power in a more disciplined role? Ethan is still learning and not as solid for the formation I feel Good win wants to play.

Power and Erhahon in same team gives me the fear....wouldn't go over half-way line...

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ah, ok, wasn't aware he was pacey. Can't honestly recall seeing him play. That's potentially a solution if we're in a pinch, though.

Be amazed if Dunne makes season start and is not injured for most of it.

13 hours ago, alansaint said:

I’d take Mallan in a heartbeat.

I think most of us would but I'm not so sure JG will.......I'm sure I heard that he doesn't think he works hard enough in closing down in the middle of the park, hope I'm wrong though.

I think most of us would but I'm not so sure JG will.......I'm sure I heard that he doesn't think he works hard enough in closing down in the middle of the park, hope I'm wrong though.
Priority is getting in wide players with genuine pace, as other than Dunne we're woefully short in pace.

We've got plenty competition in midfield IMO.

My comment about Magennis was tongue in cheek. I wouldn't have him back either.

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Priority is getting in wide players with genuine pace, as other than Dunne we're woefully short in pace.

I agree about wingers and pace

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

Tait and Tanser will be our right and left wing backs the back three will be Fraser Big Joe and Dunne this clearly is the system JG prefers this allows you to play two strikers and a midfield five

You may be right with Tanser and the formation but I don't see Tait as being a starting wingback and you've forgotten McGrath in your three CH's who I would think is a certain starter most weeks.

Tait and Tanser will be our right and left wing backs the back three will be Fraser Big Joe and Dunne this clearly is the system JG prefers this allows you to play two strikers and a midfield five
McCarthy will be a first pick as CH.

10 hours ago, FTOF said:

Pretty  sure Tanser is quick