Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

51 minutes ago, FTOF said:

£250K plus add ons according to another media source.

Cant see us entertaining anything less than 7 figures. 

Tied down longer since he came back from Barnsley last year and has a very good career ahead of him if he keeps his head down and continues his good work.

When you see the figures mentioned with other teenagers playing at our level, playing for St Mirren shouldn't be any different.

43 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Cant see us entertaining anything less than 7 figures. 

Tied down longer since he came back from Barnsley last year and has a very good career ahead of him if he keeps his head down and continues his good work.

When you see the figures mentioned with other teenagers playing at our level, playing for St Mirren shouldn't be any different.

7 figures, are you serious? I would actually drive him there myself just to get him off the wage book. Two players at club i would have chased out door hopefully both away..

Barnsley signed a young midfielder last year from Liverpool for £1.25 Million.   I remember checking it out at the time simply cause of his name, Herbie Kane - in case he was the younger brother of Harry - but no relation. 

Just checked wiki , ( I know !) the young lad had never played a single league minute for ‘pool had been out on loan at Doncaster and Hull and has represented Engurland only at U17 level.

If Ethan is to go, Hope the club either get a far higher figure than the £250k mentioned or tie in a very heavy sell on deal as with McGinn . 

1 minute ago, God of war said:

7 figures, are you serious? I would actually drive him there myself just to get him off the wage book. Two players at club i would have chased out door hopefully both away..

Just knew when I read your post that's what you were going to say.

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

£250K plus add ons according to another media source.

Hope Ethan stays. Very good young player, improving all the time and could be very important for us this season. I suspect he will be tempted. Jim has a job on his hands preventing his head being turned.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Probably but not for 250 grand if Hamilton can get a million quid dont see why we can't.

I agree if the player is worth that. Because Erhahon has played a few games doesnt make him worth more. When he plays i think the team is far poorer with him in it. Hopefully club get decent amount for him but i would be glad to just get him off wage bill.

6 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Barnsley signed a young midfielder last year from Liverpool for £1.25 Million.   I remember checking it out at the time simply cause of his name, Herbie Kane - in case he was the younger brother of Harry - but no relation. 

Just checked wiki , ( I know !) the young lad had never played a single league minute for ‘pool had been out on loan at Doncaster and Hull and has represented Engurland only at U17 level.

If Ethan is to go, Hope the club either get a far higher figure than the £250k mentioned or tie in a very heavy sell on deal as with McGinn . 

We would end up owing money with a sell on fee!

12 hours ago, God of war said:

Everyone is welcome to their opinion as is others to disagree. Personally the so called £250k is bollocks as the minimum fee would be the developmental fee which in turn would be more than that figure. He is still a young boy in terms of actual footballing playing time and has 2 year’s remaining on his contract. If he wants to go then cash in now for maximum money. If not we get another season growing in the game with power and McGrath beside him