Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

27 minutes ago, Doakes said:

My suggestion would be this guy

Why Liverpool MUST KEEP Harvey Elliott! - YouTube 

Harvey Elliott 

Suspect he might break through at Liverpool, but not quite there yet... looks an absolute talent 

Certainly not short of confidence is he ? 😮

looks like a fantastic prospect. unfortunately, given that he was virtually an ever present for Blackburn in the Championship last season I wouldn’t imagine Liverpool would let him go on loan to anyone below that level . ☹️

17 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Certainly not short of confidence is he ? 😮

looks like a fantastic prospect. unfortunately, given that he was virtually an ever present for Blackburn in the Championship last season I wouldn’t imagine Liverpool would let him go on loan to anyone below that level . ☹️

Looks tremendous - apparently Liverpool keen to have him playing regularly, hope we at least ask the question - exactly the kind of player we need 

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

We would not be able to afford take a guy of this standard on loan from Liverpool.

A lot of the time it's more about development than value. We can guarantee players a starting place in a competitive league, great track record of developing players. Besides, it's fun to speculate!:ph34r:

If I was manager I'd be asking the question of every top club in England, might just get lucky like we did with Newcastle in 2013

We will not be getting Harvey Elliott he has just had a season at Blackburn was a stand out for them. I would t be surprised if they keep him until Jan and give him some game time already proven what he can do has ability in abundance. No disrespect to our league but playing all season for Blackburn in a better league than ours means not a hope he comes up here unless it was to one Glasgow club with a certain Mr Gerrard as manager. 

One that might be a little more realistic....

Tyreik Wright - Aston Villa

OIP.xSxfKAft6p-5wPD8ArBJ9AHaE8?pid=ImgDe

Irish under 21 international

Can play either wing, impressed at Walsall last season. Plenty of assists and goals on his record 

Perhaps John McGinn can put a word in :whistle

Ireland U21 winger Tyreik Wright rewarded with new Aston Villa contract (the42.ie) 

38 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

All gone quiet any rumours of potential signings ?

Jim in the Herald today:

• Dumbarton game was replaced with an internal 11 v 11 match on Saturday
  • Up to staff / players as to whether they get vaccinated or not
  • Believes the C19 protocols need to change so that only positive cases require to self-isolate; PCR test for close contacts
  • Will probably be "a few weeks" before another signing is made

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

Exclusive: Hearts, Dundee United, St Mirren and St Johnstone interested in Hull City transfer agreement | Football League World

James Scott who was a 'Well player before signing for Hull.

For a young player he had an annoying habit of scoring against us.

Don't see us looking for another striker, unless Erwin is offski to Turkey

18 minutes ago, Ethan said:

This is a genuine fear. The team looks good but we have not got a striker who can bag 15 plus goals a season. 

Brophy gives me the fear, was basically a penalty taker so got his goals from there. Honestly at present cannot see what he brings to team. Hardly touches the ball.....

Edited by Guest

Brophy , like all others at the club, should be judged by what he does in a Saints strip - not what has gone before. 
I wasn’t impressed when Main arrived but he will get my full support when he takes to the park - I’m not about to write him off because of past performances or scoring rate. 

& here’s the but …… if they ( or other strikers) are playing regularly and not scoring or at least providing assists by mid season …. Most people’s patience may well be stretched to the limit . 

Fingers crossed 🤞 

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

Outside of the green bigots, it would appear that the rest of the SPFL teams don't have one either.:rolleyes:

Scottish Premiership, Scotland Top Scorers 2020/2021 (topscorersfootball.com)

Always the most difficult position to fill. This is the reason why only half decent players like Shankland and Nisbet get valued at a million plus. 

This is a genuine fear. The team looks good but we have not got a striker who can bag 15 plus goals a season. 
Outside of the green bigots, it would appear that the rest of the SPFL teams don't have one either.:rolleyes:
Scottish Premiership, Scotland Top Scorers 2020/2021 (topscorersfootball.com)
We had a 10+ Goal per season striker(probably as good as we will get at our level) who was absolutely awful in his first 6 months but we just released him.

Under Goodwin we have now played over 10 different strikers let's just say not many have been that good.