Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

11 hours ago, God of war said:

Woul Ferguson even be an automatic starter in Saints team?

No idea and its a non event question given he doesnt play for us. My answer previously to another poster was to do with valuations. Given you have stated on more than one occasion you dont rate McGrath as no more than a pk taker and scorer (which is your opinion) and fair play despite actual stats being put up to show what he contributes and how his goals have been scored. McGrath is worth in my opinion 2 or 3 times what offers have come in will prob go for 2x times the current offers with a hefty add on. But Ferguson is rated at what ever Aberdeen deem fit i think £2 mill minimum ( primarily based on games /performances against Old Firm) and its there right to ask that. Personally i dont think he is worth as much as that maybe 1.25-1.5 mill at most. 

Josh Doig is another one that seems to be in the "massive" transfer fee category.

I've watched him a few times and he's been O.K., but is far from the finished article IMO.

The same age as Erhahon, but has played a significantly less games than Erhahon. I'd imagine that contracts will be of similar length.

If any club puts in an offer for Erhahon, the fee that Hibs are demanding for Doig should be pointed out to them.

Josh Doig is another one that seems to be in the "massive" transfer fee category.
I've watched him a few times and he's been O.K., but is far from the finished article IMO.
The same age as Erhahon, but has played a significantly less games than Erhahon. I'd imagine that contracts will be of similar length.
If any club puts in an offer for Erhahon, the fee that Hibs are demanding for Doig should be pointed out to them.

I definitely agree with you on that

I’ve been looking at reported fees for similar players to Erhahon and McGrath and whenever a club approaches us it’s always without exception a lowball offer

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

Hearing fee agreed (including sell on %) for Calum Waters from Killie.

Jim loves a bit of the 3-5-2 formation, so looking at the current squad it looks like this (maybe from the Thistle match) with squad depth:
GK  = Alnwick / Lyness / Urminský
RCB = Fraser / Finlayson
CCB = Shaughnessy / McCarthy
LCB = Dunne / 
RWB = Henderson / Tait
CDM = Power / MacPherson / Reid
CM  = McGrath / Erhahon / Flynn
LWB = Tanser / Tait
CAM = Kiltie / McAllister
ST  = Main / Erwin / Jack
ST  = Brophy / Dennis / Jamieson*

*out on loan

From what I have seen people say from rumours etc: 
• Glenn Middleton LM/LW
• Jordan Jones RM/LW
• Calum Waters LB
• Matty Kennedy LM/RWB/CAM
• Michael Johnston LM/RM

• So Waters could be left sided cover for LWB rather than the right footed Tait?
• Kennedy could fill number of positions, would he get a starting place over Henderson then at RWB?
• With the formation that Jim likes, I can't then see how Middleton, Jones or Johnston would fit. Also I believe bigger/richer clubs would be looking at the likes of Jones and Johnston.

If you could get potentially say both Waters and Kennedy (doubt it though) as could be more realistic and also seems Jim admires them:
GK  = Alnwick / Lyness / Urminský
RCB = Fraser / Finlayson
CCB = Shaughnessy / McCarthy
LCB = Dunne / 
RWB = Kennedy / Tait / Henderson
CDM = Power / MacPherson / Reid
CM  = McGrath / Erhahon / Flynn
LWB = Tanser / Waters / Tait
CAM = Kiltie / McAllister
ST  = Main / Erwin / Jack
ST  = Brophy / Dennis / Jamieson*

1 hour ago, RossCSmfc said:

Hearing fee agreed (including sell on %) for Calum Waters from Killie.

Can't see it myself.

We've got Tanser as first pick in that position.

Tait and Dunne can cover.

Would be  a very strange decision to pay a transfer fee for back up.

Also, sell on fee? :lol

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

f**king hope not. He was gash first time and from what I saw at Killie , he hadn’t improved any 👎

Rotten...hope this is nonsence...

5 hours ago, FTOF said:

He was DJC's favourite player.:rolleyes:

To be fair, he's not my least favourite, nowhere near it. But for a fullback who strugglescto tackle without fouling, can't go past a man, has a tendency to let opposing wingers in the box before committing to a tackle and whose crosses hit the first man or don't get off the deck, he's alright. 😂

Edited by djchapsticks

4 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Matty Kennedy not in the Aberdeen squad today 🤔

Remember him not getting a sniff against us. Ryan Flynn played him out the game in his spell as our right back. I am not a fan. Hopefully we can find someone with a bit of pace. Durmus was a good player for us but they are hard to find 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Remember him not getting a sniff against us. Ryan Flynn played him out the game in his spell as our right back. I am not a fan. Hopefully we can find someone with a bit of pace. Durmus was a good player for us but they are hard to find 

"Manager Karl Robinson stated that Kennedy would bring "pace, trickery and excitement" 

Kennedy was described by Tranmere manager Ronnie Moore as "quick, [he] likes to take on defenders"

Maybe McInnes wasn't playing him to his strengths ? 

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You sure mate? I know hedges failed a fitness test but the record just said Kennedy was left out?

Thought I had read he was injured. Maybe wrong of course as I can't remember where I read it!

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You sure mate? I know hedges failed a fitness test but the record just said Kennedy was left out?

The Aberdeen forum did have people mention Hedges was injured but no one could give a reason on the omission of Kennedy.

I asked a mate from Aberdeen, he had nothing for certain, only rumours, so no point repeating them. 

25 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The Aberdeen forum did have people mention Hedges was injured but no one could give a reason on the omission of Kennedy.

I asked a mate from Aberdeen, he had nothing for certain, only rumours, so no point repeating them. 

He has lost his way a bit lately and that’s the only reason I would say we have a change of landing him, he was brilliant with st Johnstone and was highly thought of when down south, he’s still on 26 as well. 

Can play both wings, wing back and I’m sure he can play in behind the striker also, would be the perfect signing for us if you ask me.