Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Some opinions on Scott from actual Hull City supporters.......

Never really settled at City due to bad luck with injuries.
The few games he did play he was used as a winger.
There's a decent footballer in there somewhere 

Good afternoon, what I have seen of him has been poor , mind you he's been injured a lot . So good luck if you sign him as there is a decent player in there 😉👍 

He just not settled at city had injuries and couldn’t get a run in the team. He did well before he joined us they is a good player somewhere in him.  

When he played didn't really show much score a worldie goal in a cup game but just goes missing alot of the games and has big issue with confidence. He desperately needs a loan to get his confidence back

3 hours ago, div said:

Just find it hard to believe that Hull would write off £1m on a player they bought just 18 months ago.

The source article is quite confusing as it says they're ready to move him on then quotes the manager as saying he doesn't want him to go.

Also find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be bigger clubs up here after him.

And finally unless we are planning to play him as a winger I can't see how he fits in.

Time will tell but I'll be very surprised if we see James Scott with the scarf aloft!

We where interested in him last month according to the scum, Dundee United, st johnstone and hearts also interested, so obviously he’s decided to come to the bigger club out the four 😏

Edited by mattman

13 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Why would someone not inside Saints be in the loop? Ok i get that he is a bbc sports person so would get to know before us but if nothings been done/confirmed why should he know?

The facts is that Goodwin stated on TV that we were after an attacker who can play wide.

It would seem that the chances of that player being Scott or Middleton seem unlikely, if you believe Douglas McNeil, who has been fairly reliable in the past concerning Saints.

It just means that we can start renewed speculation on who it is.:)

17 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

I think we were priced out the move.

Hibs or Motherwell seems to be the chat for him now. 

I realise it’s all just speculation at the moment and I had no real view on the signing of this guy as I know the square root of eff all about him……BUT……It boils my pish when we are “price out of a move”, by teams like Motherwell. Hibs I can just about accept, but f**king Motherwell 😡

32 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I realise it’s all just speculation at the moment and I had no real view on the signing of this guy as I know the square root of eff all about him……BUT……It boils my pish when we are “price out of a move”, by teams like Motherwell. Hibs I can just about accept, but f**king Motherwell 😡

Motherwell have paid transfer fees for both Liam Kelly and Callum Slattery.

They have also spent £500K on ground improvements.

They've sold players, like Scott, for big transfer fees, and have plenty of money apparently.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Motherwell have paid transfer fees for both Liam Kelly and Callum Slattery.

They have also spent £500K on ground improvements.

They've sold players, like Scott, for big transfer fees, and have plenty of money apparently.

Yes and that’s what gets my goat. They’ve got money because they don’t bend over and take it up the arse when a team comes in for their better players. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yes and that’s what gets my goat. They’ve got money because they don’t bend over and take it up the arse when a team comes in for their better players. 

I don't think we do.

Other than Kenny McLean, players that have left us recently seem to have fetched pretty reasonable fees. Although the fees that they left for were never really officially disclosed, so we'll never really know exactly what they were sold for.

Motherwell have hit a purple patch over the past couple of years with their youth players. Having had a search it would seem that there was considerable interest in some of the players and they were on long term contracts. The biggie was Turnbull where there was a very public tug of war between two very rich clubs, in Norwich and the green bigots. Hence the reported £3 million fee.

Sold:

19/20: Hastie* (Rangers - summer)(£400K), McKinstry (Leeds - summer) ?), McAlear (Norwich - summer) (£250K), Scott (Hull - January)(£1.5 million)
20/21: Turnbull (Celtic - summer) (£3 million)

* - Hastie wasn't really a sale it was a development fee.

When we've sold players, we've not really had a bidding war, no real interest from "big" English clubs with money to burn, and most of the players have been nearing or at the end of their contracts. As you can see Hull City appear to have been in "silly season" mode when they paid £1.5 million for Scott, given his likely career path back to Scotland.

Maybe with McGrath we might see a true bidding war, given the names of the clubs allegedly interested in him. However, given that he can sign a pre-contract in January we're probably not going to get what he's truly worth.

The one that galls me is Erhahon, with a lot of our fans seemingly quite happy to accept £300K. If Josh Doig can entertain bids of several million then Erhahon is worth so much more. To be fair, the club are certainly not underselling Erhahon's value in the quotes that I've seen.

I also believe that we'll eventually benefit even more from John McGinn's hugely profitable sell on clause. Just as well we didn't hold out for a bigger development fee at the cost of the sell on clause.

I also, think that the self-inflicted fiasco of appointing that f**king useless clown, whose name doesn't deserve mentioning, cost us a fair whack of the McGinn money. £75K for that donkey of a CH was the tip of the iceberg. Otherwise we'd be in a stronger financial position.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

I don't think we do.

Other than Kenny McLean, players that have left us recently seem to have fetched pretty reasonable fees. Although the fees that they left for were never really officially disclosed, so we'll never really know exactly what they were sold for.

Motherwell have hit a purple patch over the past couple of years with their youth players. Having had a search it would seem that there was considerable interest in some of the players and they were on long term contracts. The biggie was Turnbull where there was a very public tug of war between two very rich clubs, in Norwich and the green bigots. Hence the reported £3 million fee.

Sold:

19/20: Hastie* (Rangers - summer)(£400K), McKinstry (Leeds - summer) ?), McAlear (Norwich - summer) (£250K), Scott (Hull - January)(£1.5 million)
20/21: Turnbull (Celtic - summer) (£3 million)

* - Hastie wasn't really a sale it was a development fee.

When we've sold players, we've not really had a bidding war, no real interest from "big" English clubs with money to burn, and most of the players have been nearing or at the end of their contracts. As you can see Hull City appear to have been in "silly season" mode when they paid £1.5 million for Scott, given his likely career path back to Scotland.

Maybe with McGrath we might see a true bidding war, given the names of the clubs allegedly interested in him. However, given that he can sign a pre-contract in January we're probably not going to get what he's truly worth.

The one that galls me is Erhahon, with a lot of our fans seemingly quite happy to accept £300K. If Josh Doig can entertain bids of several million then Erhahon is worth so much more. To be fair, the club are certainly not underselling Erhahon's value in the quotes that I've seen.

I also believe that we'll eventually benefit even more from John McGinn's hugely profitable sell on clause. Just as well we didn't hold out for a bigger development fee at the cost of the sell on clause.

I also, think that the self-inflicted fiasco of appointing that f**king useless clown, whose name doesn't deserve mentioning, cost us a fair whack of the McGinn money. £75K for that donkey of a CH was the tip of the iceberg. Otherwise we'd be in a stronger financial position.

Fair play to you for having the commitment to type all of that.

If I was sat across the table from you in a boozer, I’d have a go at picking a few holes in your argument here, but the honest truth is I cannae be bothered. 😁
It’s only opinion anyway.