Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

And Kiltie who is never premier quality is a poor signing also. Only Tanser is decent signing...long way short the squad. Carrying a lot of passengers like McAllister for one..

4 hours ago, God of war said:

And Kiltie who is never premier quality is a poor signing also. Only Tanser is decent signing...long way short the squad. Carrying a lot of passengers like McAllister for one..

On showings so far it’s hard to disagree with any of that.

Brophy - Anonymous

Kiltie - Anonymous

Main - At least he’s been involved and causes teams some level of problems, but his lack of composure in front of goal is unparalleled at this level.

Tanser - Of the more offensive newcomers he is the one beacon of light. Unfortunately to date, most of the dangerous balls he’s played into the box have been to the aforementioned dumplings. 
On signings generally though, I’d say Dunne and Power have been “decent” too. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Would really like to see Greg Stewart inbound as believe he is the type of player that we need. May need to stretch the coffers but was the acquisition I was really hoping for before transfer season. Also would be nice if we can stop playing hoofball as incredibly difficult to watch lower league tactics particularly against big solid defenders. If we can't play through midfield then we have a serious problem.

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

Would really like to see Greg Stewart inbound as believe he is the type of player that we need. May need to stretch the coffers but was the acquisition I was really hoping for before transfer season. Also would be nice if we can stop playing hoofball as incredibly difficult to watch lower league tactics particularly against big solid defenders. If we can't play through midfield then we have a serious problem.

Greg Stewart is exactlly the type of player we need. He certainly brought out the best in Brophy

59 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Greg Stewart is exactlly the type of player we need. He certainly brought out the best in Brophy

That’s a very good point , in the half season Brophy and Stewart played together Brophy netted 9 goals ( Stewart Got 8 )  . When Stewart loan ended , Brophy only scored another 3 goals….. two of them from the penalty spot .! 

That’s a very good point , in the half season Brophy and Stewart played together Brophy netted 9 goals ( Stewart Got 8 )  . When Stewart loan ended , Brophy only scored another 3 goals….. two of them from the penalty spot .! 
My Kilmarnock supporting workmate said the same when Brophy signed that since Stewart left he hadn't been the same player.

Stewart played poorly in a poor Aberdeen team, Hearts have Mckay-Steven he will probably end up at Hibs if he leaves this window.

Can't see him wanting to continue his career at a St Mirren, Motherwell or Dundee.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

My Kilmarnock supporting workmate said the same when Brophy signed that since Stewart left he hadn't been the same player.

Stewart played poorly in a poor Aberdeen team, Hearts have Mckay-Steven he will probably end up at Hibs if he leaves this window.

Can't see him wanting to continue his career at a St Mirren, Motherwell or Dundee.

He's a free agent and he's 31 , he has played less than 100 games over the last 5 seasons. If he wants to finish his career playing regularly he's going to have to look at all offers !

Edited by billyg

He's a free agent and he's 31 , he has played less than 100 games over the last 5 seasons. If he wants to finish his career playing regularly he's going to have to look at all offers !
Yeah suppose his stint down south and Rangers should have made him financially secure just depends what sort of challenge he wants in the years he has left he could pretty much pick the other 10 teams outwith the ugly sisters might just come down to non footballing things (family, schools, preferred area to live etc) where he ends up.

Matty Kennedy rumour growing arms and legs. Between us and Ross County apparently
I'd be happy that as has spent time at RWB and has pace. I do think we need s solid player next to Power to help him out if this is the system we are sticking to. Kiltie and McGrath in the same team didn't work Saturday. Need s solid midfielder helping power.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
7 hours ago, Ethan said:
Matty Kennedy rumour growing arms and legs. Between us and Ross County apparently

I'd be happy that as has spent time at RWB and has pace. I do think we need s solid player next to Power to help him out if this is the system we are sticking to. Kiltie and McGrath in the same team didn't work Saturday. Need s solid midfielder helping power.

Kiltie isn't premier league standard.

18 hours ago, truesaint said:

He could team up with James Scott. :wink:

Where is @Sweeper07:lol:

Edited by faraway saint

Kiltie isn't premier league standard.
From Saturday I would have him maybe coming off the bench and make the attacking midfielder be McGrath.

If we had enough budget I believe we maybe need 3 more to come in:
* a pacey RWB that can play the system we are.
* CDM that can play alongside Power as he is having to do way too much.
* A Pacey forward that can maybe make it to these hope balls that keep coming to the forwards wide.

10 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Have seen that too, the Irish part must be main attribute for players for now. Not the goalscoring ability which we really need at moment.

We need a decent wide player and Kennedy is who Goodwin wants of those potentially available.

Badly missing the likes of Doyle-Hayes and Macgennis. We need to get a couple in to midfield to replace or get close to what we have lost with these 2.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

From Saturday I would have him maybe coming off the bench and make the attacking midfielder be McGrath.

If we had enough budget I believe we maybe need 3 more to come in:
* a pacey RWB that can play the system we are.
* CDM that can play alongside Power as he is having to do way too much.
* A Pacey forward that can maybe make it to these hope balls that keep coming to the forwards wide.

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

We need a decent wide player and Kennedy is who Goodwin wants of those potentially available.

Badly missing the likes of Doyle-Hayes and Macgennis. We need to get a couple in to midfield to replace or get close to what we have lost with these 2.

+ I think Tait and Fraser, as well as Flynn cover that wing back position. If McCarthy goes, do we get another CB cover as that would really only leave us with Finlayson?
+ Erhahon is already made for that position beside Power imo.
+ Another forgotten man, Cammy MacPherson seems so far out the picture for a push in the starting lineup. 

+ If we mix it up in our forward line tactically, we essentially have options of McGrath, Kiltie and even McAllister who could play off a lone striker. 

With regards to another striker, I could really only see this happening if someone leaves, as we have Brophy, Main, Dennis and Irwin already competing for 2 places and in some cases throughout the season, 1 position.