Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

49 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:
2 hours ago, JJ McG said:
Money is what the hold up is.

Is it loan to buy or just a loan we are looking for? Would the hold up not also be that County are interested too?

Loan, he’a on good money at Aberdeen till 2022-2023 so he’s going to ditch that. 

Any budget we have needs to be spent wisely as I think we need about 3 new signings that will go straight into the 1st 11.

Loan, he’a on good money at Aberdeen till 2022-2023 so he’s going to ditch that. 

Any budget we have needs to be spent wisely as I think we need about 3 new signings that will go straight into the 1st 11.
Where do you think we need strengthening? I defo feel width is missing. I feel that the McGrath and Kiltie together isnt working. Need someone to play along side Power. need players in the middle that can turn with a ball and take on players.

39 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

We have a central midfield player in young Cammy who can score goals too, we just don't play him 

Good point that but Cammy seems to have went backwards under Goodwin...

Need right winger, centre ball playing mid who can drive forward and 2 strikers...
I agree with a lot of it. I don't see us having the budget for all that sadly unless the likes of Erwin, Erhahon and McAllister were to go as well.
I do think that McAllister could be utilised as a sub to take McGrath's place, which made it weird we got Kiltie. I then thought as Kiltie has played wide left before he was to cover the loss of Durmas, but not played him there. So a bit weird.

I get the playing over to Main as he is a pest. He isn't going to be your highest goals scorer, but thought he was brought in to open it up to allow the attacking midfielder to come through too, but the long ball up the park isn't working. It's missing out the midfield. The midfield I find when they have the ball cannot turn or take a man on.

I really like Fraser. I think he is solid wherever he plays, but think as a right back who can over lap would be best as he can get forward. The problem with the wing back is we are narrow apart from them. There is no support for them on the wing. No one offers an over lap... And if they do it's the 2 strikers being drawn out wide, which doesn't help them having to try score.

16 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

We have a central midfield player in young Cammy who can score goals too, we just don't play him 

Cammy for me is just not good enough unfortunately. He's in the Sean Kelly, Jack Baird category that he'll have a decent career but I wouldn't class him as a prospect. 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Cammy for me is just not good enough unfortunately. He's in the Sean Kelly, Jack Baird category that he'll have a decent career but I wouldn't class him as a prospect. 

Cammy may yet be a star for St Mirren. Ditto Ethan. I think there's more to come from both of them. But neither of them really grab me with the prospect of what they might achieve. Compared to the tingle of excitement we got watching a young John McGinn at the same stage of his career, these two youngsters just don't deliver. Yet.

On 8/14/2021 at 2:33 AM, Ronnie said:

If Matty Kennedy joins us the boy must be desperate for a gig somewhere as his last 2 games v Saints he got peltererd much of the games for being "fuc*ing sh*t.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:10 PM, JJ McG said:

Money is what the hold up is.

Why, if he's apparently  "fuc*ing sh*t. :whistle