Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

That will be you IF he signs for us [emoji38]
Why, if he's apparently  "fuc*ing sh*t. default_whistling.gif
This is what happens when non attending fans get their St Mirren fix v Sportscene.

I will enlighten you Matt Kennedy got the *You're Fu*King S*hit" song sung at him quite often & by large parts of West Stand in Paisley and then again in Perth in 2 of the last matches he played against us with fans in.

My St Johnstone supporting workmate informs me he was a "good player" for them alternatively talking to a Chivas Supporters Bus stalwart at Livingston on Saturday when i mentioned Kennedy was apparently close to signing his words were hope not he has been sh*t against us.

I will reserve judgement on him until he plays for us.

3 minutes ago, magnus said:

Conor McCarthy in the press talking of uncertainty over his future, other interest in him, and a contract extension that seems to have gone quiet. Come on Saints get an extension  signed. Top centre back. Best we have.

He doesn’t want to sign.

28 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

This is what happens when non attending fans get their St Mirren fix v Sportscene.

I will reserve judgement on him until he plays for us.

What's attending got to with pointing out you're a boo boy? 

Probably the exact type that ruined my experience when  attending home games. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

What a stupid statement to make, when you don't have the slightest shred of evidence to back it up. :wacko: 

Edited by pod

20 hours ago, magnus said:

Conor McCarthy in the press talking of uncertainty over his future, other interest in him, and a contract extension that seems to have gone quiet. Come on Saints get an extension  signed. Top centre back. Best we have.

Hibs interested. 

On 8/15/2021 at 5:32 PM, djchapsticks said:

Cammy for me is just not good enough unfortunately. He's in the Sean Kelly, Jack Baird category that he'll have a decent career but I wouldn't class him as a prospect. 

I think you pass the age of prospect if you aren't really consistently producing by the age of 21. It's a big season for Cammy imo to make or break. 

21 hours ago, JJ McG said:

He doesn’t want to sign.

If the club gets close to their valuation in the next week or two, I think they will punt him this window if we can possibly get a loanee in to replace till at least January. Jake Doyle-Hayes' contract talks had lasted a good few months and in the end up performances dropped, his agent hung us out and he walked to a rival club.

I thought he looked great on Saturday when he came on, id actually go as far as saying its one of the best games Ive seen him carry the ball forward and deliver some great balls over the top.

It makes you wonder if he has been unfortunate to drop out of the starting 11 due to a back 3 or if speculation over his future has side tracked him as you are not going to keep a player happy by benching him, whilst clubs are interested.

Edited by kevo_smfc

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Chat at one point we were interested in James Scott. Of course now Hibs are. Will Hibs be interested in Matty Kennedy too? Honest to Christ does Jack do any scouting of his own or piggyback on Saints news and rumors? Screenshot_20210817-091828.jpg

Looks like he sees us as an easy touch.

26 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

If the club gets close to their valuation in the next week or two, I think they will punt him this window if we can possibly get a loanee in to replace till at least January. Jake Doyle-Hayes' contract talks had lasted a good few months and in the end up performances dropped, his agent hung us out and he walked to a rival club.

I thought he looked great on Saturday when he came on, id actually go as far as saying its one of the best games Ive seen him carry the ball forward and deliver some great balls over the top.

It makes you wonder if he has been unfortunate to drop out of the starting 11 due to a back 3 or if speculation over his future has side tracked him as you are not going to keep a player happy by benching him, whilst clubs are interested.

The way he is capable if strolling forward with the ball makes him a huge asset in a back three.  Can't understand how he doesn't get a start .

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Chat at one point we were interested in James Scott. Of course now Hibs are. Will Hibs be interested in Matty Kennedy too? Honest to Christ does Jack do any scouting of his own or piggyback on Saints news and rumors? Screenshot_20210817-091828.jpg

Aberdeen have given Kennedy permission to talk to us so must be him holding up the deal now.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Could Hibs afford McCarthy?

If he’s leaving I’d much rather he went to England. 

Even after almost 50 years of supporting St. Mirren, you never quite get used to being the absolute bitch of teams like Aberdeen and Hibs. 

Totally agree bud. The bitch whipping never eases. Particularly acute currently with the 🐍