Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

37 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

From what I believe, we were also in for Nisbet when Hibs got him and were put off on his valuation.

Looks like our wage structure has fallen behind the competition. Hibs can obviously pay more than Saints but it certainly doesn't help with Ross watching Goodwin's every move.

Looks like our wage structure has fallen behind the competition. Hibs can obviously pay more than Saints but it certainly doesn't help with Ross watching Goodwin's every move.
I wonder if there's a player named Covid that Jack will now try to sign.

11 minutes ago, Slarti said:
20 minutes ago, magnus said:

I hear Hibs might be interested in this guy.....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corona_(footballer)

34 minutes ago, Slarti said:
42 minutes ago, magnus said:

If so , would he have the No19 shirt ?

Not to worry... All the money we will save in replacing stewards with up to 20 years experience will help us find the purchase of Fernandez from Utd! [emoji850][emoji12]

4 hours ago, magnus said:

I doubt very much our wage structure is any different from how we compare.  Simply that all the 'big' clubs are now in the top division.  Last season we over achieved and probably we need to again to finish anything above the bottom two.

5 hours ago, David Mc said:

I doubt very much our wage structure is any different from how we compare.  Simply that all the 'big' clubs are now in the top division.  Last season we over achieved and probably we need to again to finish anything above the bottom two.

Are Ross County a BIG club ? Maybe in Dingwall 

11 hours ago, David Mc said:

Over achieved last season with no crowd pressure and would mark the season down as not even counting. Soon as pressure is on Saints back to relegation fighters....Goodwin cannot handle crowd pressure or important games. 1st bigger game this seasn was Hearts and folded, 2nd was Livi and folded....

2 hours ago, God of war said:

Over achieved last season with no crowd pressure and would mark the season down as not even counting. Soon as pressure is on Saints back to relegation fighters....Goodwin cannot handle crowd pressure or important games. 1st bigger game this seasn was Hearts and folded, 2nd was Livi and folded....

Are you talking about your beloved Sevco again ..... now thats bottling it....maybe BIG County might turn them over.... 

My opinion, but if we had the budget for it I think we need 3/4 extra players to allow changes in formation and game plan when 3-5-2 doesn't seem to be working. I think we need:

* A more defensive left footed LB. A left sided Fraser. This would allow Tanser to move up and be a LM/LW as he is not a defensive player at all really. Allowing a shift from 3-5-2.

* We need a pacey RWB to fit into this 352 formation. As Tait nor Henderson are the answer here.

* We need a solid no nonsense CDM to play along side Power and stop Kiltie and McGrath in the same line up. Erhahon/MacPherson might get there over time, but we need solid now as Power cannot do it all alone. This would work with 3-5-2, 4-2-3-1 etc.

* Pacey RM/RW. This would allow to change to back 4 and have width with Fraser at RB of back 4 to support eachother. Allowing at times to move from 3-5-2 when not working.

* If it exists in our budget a tall, strong and Pacey forward who can play with someone or play alone up front. This would allow someone to play alongside Brophy/Main or alone and still be a pest/threat.

I know we will not have the budget for all this, so is anyone coming through the youth set up that can fill these roles?

15 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Would sir like a pinch of salt on his humble pie. emoji14.png

He had agreed to come mate but others have shown an interest in signing him plus he has just watched us get humiliated at Celtic park.

That’s us lost out on Middleton, Scott and now Kennedy, we have been in for each of them.

He had agreed to come mate but others have shown an interest in signing him plus he has just watched us get humiliated at Celtic park.
That’s us lost out on Middleton, Scott and now Kennedy, we have been in for each of them.
I hope there were other Pacey options and not all eggs in one basket. We need a natural RWB for the System (and other players to allow f**king changes when it isn't working). We also need some form pace and someone who can take a ball by a player.