Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Kennedy deal not happening now, he’s now considering other loan options.

Not surprised after he seen us get pumped 6-0.

Get the feeling that the wheels are coming off throughout the club. Any possible deals which appear to be close are not happening , yet in the past I'm sure they would have been sorted quickly . The lack of pace and width needs addressing immediately , even if that means selling some of our assets to provide funds for the right players to come in !

2 minutes ago, billyg said:

Get the feeling that the wheels are coming off throughout the club. Any possible deals which appear to be close are not happening , yet in the past I'm sure they would have been sorted quickly . The lack of pace and width needs addressing immediately , even if that means selling some of our assets to provide funds for the right players to come in !

We have assets ? 😳

5 minutes ago, billyg said:

Was always going happen IMO as soon as SMISA took over....fans owning and running clubs a terrible idea...

47 minutes ago, billyg said:

You’re spot on. 

Goodwin said about 4 weeks ago now that he had hoped to have a wide player with pace in over the next few days that never happened, the whole kennedy saga just makes the club look very tinpot.

Long season ahead.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

You’re spot on. 

Goodwin said about 4 weeks ago now that he had hoped to have a wide player with pace in over the next few days that never happened, the whole kennedy saga just makes the club look very tinpot.

Long season ahead.

Not good optics as us Corporate bullshitters would say.

Edited by magnus

5 hours ago, aldo_j said:

A chairperson doesn’t run the club. Down to the CEO (Tony).

If you believe that’s how the hierarchy operates at St Mirren I’d disagree….GS pretty well dictated goings on at the club from what I’ve heard

Just now, WeeBud said:

If you believe that’s how the hierarchy operates at St Mirren I’d disagree….GS pretty well dictated goings on at the club from what I’ve heard

GS owned the club so he had full executive powers and the buck stopped with him.   Who has stepped into his shoes?  Who do SMISA members criticise now? 

8 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Gs is still there so there should be continuity. The players who take ages to say no leave a bad smell. We have gone from being pretty  good at bringing players in to pretty awful. The early window signings don't look as good as we had first hoped and the team looks some way short of being competitive in this season's very tough looking top flight.

41 minutes ago, magnus said:

Gs is still there so there should be continuity. The players who take ages to say no leave a bad smell. We have gone from being pretty  good at bringing players in to pretty awful. The early window signings don't look as good as we had first hoped and the team looks some way short of being competitive in this season's very tough looking top flight.

I beg to differ. Early signings looked decent. Still settling in. Games v Dundee and Hearts were tight. Pace at a price we can afford is hard to find. Not moving on McGrath or McArthy  as  was expected a couple of weeks ago might also have impacted on what we can afford to pay. Just my opinion.

7 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I beg to differ. Early signings looked decent. Still settling in. Games v Dundee and Hearts were tight. Pace at a price we can afford is hard to find. Not moving on McGrath or McArthy  as  was expected a couple of weeks ago might also have impacted on what we can afford to pay. Just my opinion.

Hope you are right bud 👍 I  do think we can play better by having our best players play in position, namely McCarthy and McGrath. Tait is also struggling as is Kiltie. Hopefully the tinker man works some magic.

Edited by magnus

It's been quiet since the Kennedy thing. I'm hoping we are back to our old ways of keeping quiet with transfer business, but I hope lots is going on in the back ground.
If sticking to 352 we need a RWB with pace. We also need someone to play next to Power and get Kiltie out the starting lineup while McGrath is still here. We maybe need another forward who brings something that the likes of Main or Brophy don't have. Maybe someone with Pace too.

13 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

It's been quiet since the Kennedy thing. I'm hoping we are back to our old ways of keeping quiet with transfer business, but I hope lots is going on in the back ground.
If sticking to 352 we need a RWB with pace. We also need someone to play next to Power and get Kiltie out the starting lineup while McGrath is still here. We maybe need another forward who brings something that the likes of Main or Brophy don't have. Maybe someone with Pace too.

Hope it isn't as long as we'll have to wait for Power's next game.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

As always, agree with all of that. TBF, I think that Dennis, while he's not that fast, offers cleverness of movement that is unrivalled in our squad.

Just a shame he doesn't also have cleverness of not needlessly elbowing your opponent in the mush. 

4 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

. We maybe need another forward who brings something that the likes of Main or Brophy don't have. Maybe someone with Pace too.

Ability,movement and goals!

3 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

As always, agree with all of that. TBF, I think that Dennis, while he's not that fast, offers cleverness of movement that is unrivalled in our squad.

Just a shame he doesn't also have cleverness of not needlessly elbowing your opponent in the mush. 

I really do think that Dennis is a right time, right place kind of striker unfortunately the big punt and hopeful passing doesn't bring out the best in him at all.

The elbowing whilst really stupid I can only assume would be sheer frustration after watching misfiring main. Alternatively Dennis has played non league in England where a bit more gets let go.

16 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Bit of an out-there shout - but one player we should be keeping tabs on is Scott Williamson, Cambuslang Rangers

21 goals in his last 10 games

Seen him play, really good player, only 20, with tremendous movement off the ball

1_JS243160284.jpg

Totally agree. There are hidden gems out there just needing a chance. Macavennie came from junior football.