Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

3 hours ago, truesaint said:

Greg Stewart away to indian super league. 🙁 That's another hopeful off the list. Really not looking forward to the season ahead. I wonder how many rupees they are paying him?

15 goals in 4 years at better clubs, we need something but not sure he was it.

4 hours ago, John Gotti said:

15 goals in 4 years at better clubs, we need something but not sure he was it.

Would have fitted right in with our 4 non-scoring so called strikers.

20 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Hoping for news regarding a signing tomorrow morning according to Goodwin.

Better be Ronaldo otherwise we're fucked.

It is. Ronald O'Brien, known to his pals as Ronald O, has the contract to provide the catering. And fix the scoreboard.

20 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:

Also, I would be happy to see Erwin and McAllister being shipped out

And Brophy, Main, Kiltie and Erhahon...Erwin, McAllister surplus to requirements.

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

Hoping for news regarding a signing tomorrow morning according to Goodwin.

Better be Ronaldo otherwise we're fucked.

A bit harsh for a team that has drawn two and lost by the odd goal in another. Yes…I am ignoring the Celtic game. Expected nothing there and got nothing other than a shunt to our goal difference 

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

A bit harsh for a team that has drawn two and lost by the odd goal in another. Yes…I am ignoring the Celtic game. Expected nothing there and got nothing other than a shunt to our goal difference 

If you commit suicide in an Old Firm game by getting sent off early in the game you have seriously let both the Manager and your team mates down 😞

I think we are on plumbs if we do not make 2 or 3 signings to make up for shortfall in pacey wingers/creative midfielders before the transfer deadline.
Is the squad really that bad??? most of the players came from other SPL clubs and at various points have been part of decent teams and we have witnessed their good and bad points both against us and now for us they haven't all became bad players overnight.

Maybe the one at the top of the tree is the problem with his insistence on a system that quite clearly doesn't work or his worry more about the opposition than let them worry about us.

I still wonder why he signed Kiltie if it wasn't to replace Durmus? with Dunne and Tanser also being signed it leaves Kiltie with nowhere to play that suits him imo.

2 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Is the squad really that bad??? most of the players came from other SPL clubs and at various points have been part of decent teams and we have witnessed their good and bad points both against us and now for us they haven't all became bad players overnight.

Maybe the one at the top of the tree is the problem with his insistence on a system that quite clearly doesn't work or his worry more about the opposition than let them worry about us.

I still wonder why he signed Kiltie if it wasn't to replace Durmus? with Dunne and Tanser also being signed it leaves Kiltie with nowhere to play that suits him imo.

Bad is a bit strong but it is woefully imbalanced and lacking in a creative spark and pace.

2 or 3 signings with the attributes we need would help massively. We've been at this stage before where all the ingredients of a decent side are there but chance creation is our downfall.

We definitely need 2 or 3 in tomorrow on the basis that I can see at least McGrath and one other leaving.

It always amazes me that clubs leave things to the last minute. No signings today, not just for us but for any team, then tomorrow will be a mad rush to get deals done. I suppose its more interesting but just seems a bit stressful for no apparent reason.

42 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Three of this seasons signings played for the team relegated last season, two others have managed about a dozen appearances last season between them and one only managed a couple of games with us in his loan spell.

Coupled to that we  still have two “strikers” from last season who aren’t exactly prolific. 

I think we are light in pace, lacking a goal scorer ( yet again ) and void of creative ideas both on the park and from the sidelines. we seem to be constantly struggling to take the game to teams. In my opinion, we are going to struggle to be even near top six unless we improve in all these areas pretty damn quick .

I really hope I’m wrong but on the evidence of what I’ve seen this season so far ………. 😬😬😬

Oh , & the discipline needs to be addressed. I’m all for being hard and competitive on the pitch but we we need to cut out the stupid stuff . 

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Bad is a bit strong but it is woefully imbalanced and lacking in a creative spark and pace.

2 or 3 signings with the attributes we need would help massively. We've been at this stage before where all the ingredients of a decent side are there but chance creation is our downfall.

We definitely need 2 or 3 in tomorrow on the basis that I can see at least McGrath and one other leaving.

Well put.