Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

49 minutes ago, Hendo said:

It always amazes me that clubs leave things to the last minute. No signings today, not just for us but for any team, then tomorrow will be a mad rush to get deals done. I suppose its more interesting but just seems a bit stressful for no apparent reason.

We did a lot of business early on. The last pieces might be harder to put in place as those we are after may be weighing up options. And of course who is going and for how much will impact on our choices and budget.

26 minutes ago, elvis said:

We will be going down with this team of that I have absolutely no doubts.

Unless Goodwin changes his mindset he is so negative it's bordering on criminal.

If having a negative mindset was criminal, you'd be doing 15 years in the Bar-L by now.

40 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Don’t want to sound negative BUT he doesn’t look any more experienced than Cammy and we are putting him out on loan 

He played 28 games last season for grasshoppers who won the Swiss 2nd division. He also seems to have played 28 games for Dunajska Streda in the top league in Slovakia. plus 20 odd games at Walsall and Blackpool. 17 Irish U-21 appearances too.

Looks far more experienced than MacPherson.

Played and scored in the Europa league qualifiers.

Edited by FTOF

Can’t say I’m impressed with anything we are doing on or off the pitch. Absolutely no doubt we have been pushing to sell Jamie. Undisclosed fee will be announced and this will likely mean 300k tops maybe a wee add on. We are losing our star man and sadly this team is not going to win many games of football. No energy no exciting players and v few chances created. We only won 4 home league games last year and that was with A weaker league 

Edited by norrie82

7 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
I know we are named after a saint, but another Irishman 

Couldn't care less where they were born as long as they improve the squad it makes zero difference.

And to be fair. The ones we have brought in over the past season or so have done well…and some have moved on. Keep them coming.

8 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
I know we are named after a saint, but another Irishman 

Couldn't care less where they were born as long as they improve the squad it makes zero difference.

Agree, and as it happens he was born in Rochdale. 

I don’t know what’s happened but all the carry on with the club during the  summer has left me feeling a bit fed up. I genuinely don’t feel that bothered at present . We are a bit of a shambles in all areas and when the club starts to treat the fans with respect I’ll hopefully get my enthusiasm back. Until then I will keep watching and supporting but signing some lad from wolves third team hardly excites me 

Edited by norrie82