Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 minute ago, linwood buddie said:

HIBS TRYING FOR LATE MCGRATH DEAL

Hibernian are trying to clinch a late deal for St. Mirren forward Jamie McGrath.

McGrath is currently in Portugal with Republic of Ireland.

The deal will involve cash plus Drey Wright and Scott Allan going the other way.

If Scott Allan can stay fit that would be a bit of a game changer for me but skeptic to say the least given the time. 

Just now, linwood buddie said:

HIBS TRYING FOR LATE MCGRATH DEAL

Hibernian are trying to clinch a late deal for St. Mirren forward Jamie McGrath.

McGrath is currently in Portugal with Republic of Ireland.

The deal will involve cash plus Drey Wright and Scott Allan going the other way.

Wouldn't surprise me at all. Oooh money and 2 players we don't have to make any effort for. Done deal I'd say.😠

Just now, W6er said:

So that's 3 who say there's a grace period vs 2 who says it's closed. 

@djchapsticks - any idea how long this grace period lasts? An hour?

You can't sign another player from another club after deadline BUT if initial paperwork has been sorted prior then there is an hour's grace to get it sorted.

1 minute ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

You can't sign another player from another club after deadline BUT if initial paperwork has been sorted prior then there is an hour's grace to get it sorted.

But couldn't clubs cheat and quickly draft paperwork to make it APPEAR as though it has been done earlier? If so, that effectively makes the real deadline 1 am.

Just now, W6er said:

But couldn't clubs cheat and quickly draft paperwork to make it APPEAR as though it has been done earlier? If so, that effectively makes the real deadline 1 am.

No not really given the time frame/panic interest as it would have been done electronically and that gives a time footprint which can't be bodged. It's just the initial paperwork(so to speak) that has to be submitted priori to window closing.

3 minutes ago, God of war said:

This is fecking so tin-pot its hilarious.....the meltdown on here will be superb!

What is? Keeping McGrath? As someone wrote on the BBC (I think it was) - keeping him would be the best transfer news they could ask for.