Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Tinpot through and through Ali Mccann and Jason Kerr leave for £1.2 million and £600,000.

We were willing to sell Mcgrath for £300,000 and 2 Hibs cast offs so much for not letting players go on the cheap.

As for letting Cammy go the mind boggles.
Cammy is a bit part squad player that screams Championship / bottom end Prem and has shown little if any progress in years.

Cammy is a bit part squad player that screams Championship / bottom end Prem and has shown little if any progress in years.
The same could be said about Scott Allan and Drey Wright but we bent over to allow Hibs to dump their cast offs on us while St Johnstone took over £1 million pound for a player that is nowhere near as good as Mcgrath.

All the news reports I have seen state that Hibs botched the McGrath deal. Personally, I would rather the club didn't go out and just sign anybody in order to appease the fans.

We can sign free agents and have brought in some good players that way. Plus we retain McGrath. :) 

What I will say is that Dundee were a side I thought would struggle this season. If Griffiths plays to anywhere near his potential, he will score plenty of goals for them. I think it is a stronger league this season, but we have what it takes to stay up. 

1 hour ago, Sue Denim said:

Are you ever right? 😂

It's a speculation thread, it's commenting on what people are speculating about. Sorry I ruined one of your "best" moments in life (as sad as that is) by pointing out it didn't happen but there's no need to get upset and lash out. :D 

Just my take on it. But last season was pretty good finish and we should really have looked to build attacking options on to it.

What we lost from last season and have found replacements for:
LWB - Mason = Tanser
CM Doyle-Hayes = Ronan
ST - Obika = Main

We also brought in Power. Not sure if that was to take the place of Sheron/Foley as that I feel is the position Jim wanted them in to play.

Kiltie might have been brought in as a back up if McGrath left, but hasn't.

Players we are yet to replace:
LM Durmas
RM/LM - Connolly
ST/RM - Quaner/Morias

We then needed maybe 3 more in to build on last season's form, but to either fit this system or to allow the ability to change it up.

Needs not met:
* Pace/Creativity - LWB/LM/LW
* Pace/Creativity - RWB/RM/RW
* either/or Tall/Strong/Fast Striker

Can these be met in the free agent market and with only Scottish, English, NI, Welsh or RoI players due to Brexit? Who knows.

The same could be said about Scott Allan and Drey Wright but we bent over to allow Hibs to dump their cast offs on us while St Johnstone took over £1 million pound for a player that is nowhere near as good as Mcgrath.
The current perma crocked version of Scott Allan is still a better player than Cammy will ever be. He's bang average and not worth getting frothing over regardless of where he goes.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

bottom end Prem

What exactly are we and will possibly continue to be with the evident imbalance in the squad players square pegs round holes syndrome. No width no pace easy to match up and out of games. The hoof ball doesnt work and probably doesnt even work in amateur football now. My sons 11s  team dont even do that. To let a player go out on loan to a prem rival as it stands when they pull in £1mill for selling a player in the same area of the park is just plain mental. The club seems to be drifting so far away from the so called feel good factor of a few months ago. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

All the news reports I have seen state that Hibs botched the McGrath deal. Personally, I would rather the club didn't go out and just sign anybody in order to appease the fans.

We can sign free agents and have brought in some good players that way. Plus we retain McGrath. :) 

What I will say is that Dundee were a side I thought would struggle this season. If Griffiths plays to anywhere near his potential, he will score plenty of goals for them. I think it is a stronger league this season, but we have what it takes to stay up. 

Yes..Hibs didn’t do what was needed , whatever you think of the deal. Not Saints

1 hour ago, W6er said:

McGrath, who yesterday was worth about £250K plus two players, today is worth hee-haw.  He'll probably sign a pre-contract with Aberdeen in January and be away then for buttons

55 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

McGrath, who yesterday was worth about £250K plus two players, today is worth hee-haw.  He'll probably sign a pre-contract with Aberdeen in January and be away then for buttons

We cant force the boy out the door. We are at the mercy of clubs wanting to buy. If Hibs hadnt messed up he would be gone for a decent deal IMO. Scott Allan would have been just what we need. 

The current perma crocked version of Scott Allan is still a better player than Cammy will ever be. He's bang average and not worth getting frothing over regardless of where he goes.
If the current perma crocked version of Scott Allan was any good he wouldn't be on verge of getting punted to St Mirren at midnight on last day of transfer window.

Would take Scott Allan in a heartbeat even though he's not the player he once was due to illness... first saw him at Greenhill rd playing for Scotland U21s thought he was outstanding,  the boy is a real footballer player,  but I doubt very much he's a Jim Goodwin type player mind....  

Jim had 9 Jim Goodwin type players on the the park on Saturday...  this week we might even have had 10 if Jamie had got his move when we replaced him with Alan Power :rolleyes: 

4 hours ago, Dare said:

Just wondering - know how there were no ball boys on Saturday, has Jack Ross f#cken stole them as well !

Jack Ross reminds me of my first wife, who arrived at my house with a removal van to take the three piece suite, and left me a garden chair in its place.

In this case, Scott Allan and Drey Wright were the garden chairs.

I hope all those fannies who went down to Sunderland a few years ago on their "we love you Jack" bus have had time to reflect on their idiocy. Since moving to Hibs all he has done is try to feck us over.

27 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

Uninspiring transfer window & lazy lazy signings...

They may work out but we look bereft of attacking options...

Let's hope Griffiths continues to piss his career away - but , If Dundee get any sort of tune out of him then this long season has just got longer. 

🙏🙏

Dundee are an odd one - a couple of star players like Adam and Griffiths but the rest of their team is pish. Still think it'll be them, County and Livi in the bottom three.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Dundee are an odd one - a couple of star players like Adam and Griffiths but the rest of their team is pish. Still think it'll be them, County and Livi in the bottom three.

That was my thinking at the  start of season .. To be fair the 3 of them all look pretty shit- just disappointed at what we have done... Feels like an opportunity wasted 

22 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

That was my thinking at the  start of season .. To be fair the 3 of them all look pretty shit- just disappointed at what we have done... Feels like an opportunity wasted 

Nothing between all these of the teams other than Celtic,Rangers,Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen. Money talks in this game. The other 7 including us are fighting for both 6th place and avoiding automatic relegation.  Would I feel better if we had transferred McGrath? I don’t think so.

55 minutes ago, CraigyBoy said:

Uninspiring transfer window & lazy lazy signings...

They may work out but we look bereft of attacking options...

Let's hope Griffiths continues to piss his career away - but , If Dundee get any sort of tune out of him then this long season has just got longer. 

🙏🙏

What constitutes a "lazy" signing ? We can only bring in players who fit within Goodwin's budgetary constraints. Ronaldo would have been an inspired signing but unfortunately those Manchester Utd bastards nipped in ahead of us.

As for Griffiths, what a risky signing. Yes of course he might just screw the nut and be a success. Then again he is more likely to continue being a loose cannon arsehole who will piss off his new team mates by arriving at training still pissed from the night before while pocketing 10 times more money than they do, and consequently destroy Dundee's team morale. 

Give me lazy signings any time.

😊