Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

1 hour ago, alansaint said:

At last. Some sanity.

Sometimes, just sometimes even if a player not progressing at one club can go somewhere else on loan or perm transfer and be totally different. Last seasons transformation in Jesse Langar at west ham proved that imo. Might just be the thing for Cammy instead of letting a career drift away.

10 hours ago, Ethan said:

We cant force the boy out the door. We are at the mercy of clubs wanting to buy. If Hibs hadnt messed up he would be gone for a decent deal IMO. Scott Allan would have been just what we need. 

But we can throw everything we can to try and keep him, even a gentleman’s agreement, bit like McLean but with better value, I’d say between 750k/1M, his performance tonight will definitely add to his value. 

Probably dreaming a bit but other clubs seem to get that loyalty out players and in the end both the player and the club are rewarded.

Edited by mattman

21 minutes ago, mattman said:

But we can throw everything we can to try and keep him, even a gentleman’s agreement, bit like McLean but with better value, I’d say between 750k/1M, his performance tonight will definitely add to his value. 

Probably dreaming a bit but other clubs seem to get that loyalty out players and in the end both the player and the club are rewarded.

A fairly substantial wage increase with a sensible release clause i would like to think would be offered now he has got into national team so that any move would be to a higher level, not the likes of hibs or dons but realistic target would be at least English championship if not lower epl.

3 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

A fairly substantial wage increase with a sensible release clause i would like to think would be offered now he has got into national team so that any move would be to a higher level, not the likes of hibs or dons but realistic target would be at least English championship if not lower epl.

I would suggest we don't go anywhere near this and is another reason we "lose" so many players.

All that being "sensible" stuff, got to work within out budget, whatever that means. 

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would suggest we don't go anywhere near this and is another reason we "lose" so many players.

All that being "sensible" stuff, got to work within out budget, whatever that means. 

I wouldn't go as far to suggest a ridiculous increase but there must be a certain room for manoeuvre within budget, whether it be certain bonuses or whatever. 

Other thing is now, does he see his future with us?

11 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I wouldn't go as far to suggest a ridiculous increase but there must be a certain room for manoeuvre within budget, whether it be certain bonuses or whatever. 

Other thing is now, does he see his future with us?

I'd suggest he doesn't see a future with us. 

And with that, ta ta any big money. :byebye

1 hour ago, mattman said:

It would be great if we could get this but he left his last club after running his contract down so I think the best we can get is if someone gives us half the money offered during the summer in the January transfer window. Or we just accept that we get nothing at the end of the season and hope his performances justify not selling him this summer. Ideally we’d get all decent prospects on 3 year contracts so we can enjoy them for 2 years then sell them, but so far that’s not proved a great strategy, (McAllister and  Brophy) and players agents probably encourage short deals. 

Calls for a McGrath contact extension, can't see it happening. Would love to be proved wrong, though there is no loyalty in football.  He was ready to leave at the beginning of this week.
He could have a very good pick of clubs on a pre-contract come January, without a transfer value becoming a stumbling block. 

One thing I will say is, his international call up whilst playing for us, is a great selling point for our club, when trying to pick up any future transfer targets. 

56 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Really hope so , if not it’s got to be seen as a big feck up , playing a certain set up and not have one of the major parts of the set up ,ie players with speed and the ability to put in a decent ball.

Delivering decent balls into the box isnt an issue with Tanser, McGrath and to a lesser extent Henderson. The only thing we really lack is pace.

10 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

Calls for a McGrath contact extension, can't see it happening. Would love to be proved wrong, though there is no loyalty in football.  He was ready to leave at the beginning of this week.
He could have a very good pick of clubs on a pre-contract come January, without a transfer value becoming a stumbling block. 

One thing I will say is, his international call up whilst playing for us, is a great selling point for our club, when trying to pick up any future transfer targets. 

Good point on international recognition

On 9/2/2021 at 6:18 PM, Hendo said:

Delivering decent balls into the box isnt an issue with Tanser, McGrath and to a lesser extent Henderson. The only thing we really lack is pace.

...well, apart from a decent number of points and goals for, money, and tactical nous etc.

Wish that was not true...

Heard winger A F is signing for the Saints... but is it the Fakes?