Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

9 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Not a chance.

Correct. He'll either continue to excel on the park and be without health/fitness issues, in which case Hibs will extend his contract or his health/fitness issues will continue to dog him and Hibs will get rid of him, in which case any club would be taking a huge risk by signing him.

If Scott Allan's long term health wasn't an issue, then there's not a chance he'd have been used as a makeweight in the McGrath deal.

A fully healthy Allan on a couple of years deal would have been a great signing for us. However, there would always have been that "what if" scenario.

However, it seems that the club were willing to take the risk.

• 3 months later...

Going by JG’s comments after the Rangers game, this’ll be a quiet thread.

Not much money.

Happy with the squad.

Doesn’t really want to offload anyone.

The third point is the most worrying of all if that also includes the likes of Erwin and Main. 

He did say they had one or two players in their sights, but he didn’t sound overly convincing.

I predict a very quiet window for us. Sadly. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not much money.

Happy with the squad.

The third point is the most worrying of all if that also includes the likes of Erwin and Main. 

He did say they had one or two players in their sights, but he didn’t sound overly convincing.

Surely he's at it. We need at least 3 or 4 in , with the same amount heading out the door.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not much money.

Happy with the squad.

Did not we just get some money from UEFA?

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

Surely he's at it. We need at least 3 or 4 in , with the same amount heading out the door.

You would’ve thought so eh. Didn’t sound like it though. Either that or JG should take up poker.

6 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Did not we just get some money from UEFA?

Don’t know. Either way, maybe he simply meant not much money available for players i.e. earmarked for something else 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Would like to think we are in for Jamie Walker at hearts, he would be ideal for us but Livingston and St Johnstone both in for him as well seemingly.

we should be making another move for Scott Allan as well, will be a number of clubs looking at him.

If McGrath goes Scott Allan is a must

Someone on Pa&B suggesting McGrath could end up at Dons on a player plus cash deal and, while I don’t think that would be a great move for him, if that happens then I hope the player is Matt Kennedy.

Not everyone’s favourite but I thought he was the only bright spark at the Fakes in his last season there - pacey and can take a man on and beat him.

Hopefully it’s a moot point as we keep hold of McGrath and stop the hoofball.

17 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Someone on Pa&B suggesting McGrath could end up at Dons on a player plus cash deal and, while I don’t think that would be a great move for him, if that happens then I hope the player is Matt Kennedy.

Not everyone’s favourite but I thought he was the only bright spark at the Fakes in his last season there - pacey and can take a man on and beat him.

No thanks.

Persistent back injury since August and played no games. Only returned to training beginning of December. Exactly what we don't need just now. Maybe a summer signing, if he proves his fitness.

3 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

With Hedges leaving I expect that person could be right and Jamie will go to Aberdeen. I also think Kennedy would be a stick on. Goodwin rates him and would fit the profile. I feel we need reliable players who are not crocks though.