Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Gogic ?
Players JG has openly tried to chase or admired were Gogic and Kennedy. I also thought he was an admirer of Hakeem Odoffin when he was at Accies as he could play defensive mid and CB. Though he then signed for Rotherham.

Personally I would take them all if we could and if they were all fit:
Kennedy would add width and pace we need.
Gogic is same as Goodwin was when he was playing i feel. We have missed that.
Odoffin would allow to not be 3 at the back and allow to go 4 at the back and in attack would allow him to make it a back 3 if need be. Make the formation a bit more fluid.
Just need someone who offers something different upfront as well.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, billyg said:

Gogic ?

I'd take Gogic - we've played entire games against Hibs where we seemed to just shell balls directly onto his forehead.

Greg Stewart would be on my wishlist, but might be out of reach, and if he was relocating to Scotland again there'd be other interest in him for sure.

When we start back McCarthy should be fit again which is a bonus. It also allows us the possibility of changing to a back 4 with Dunne at left back if Jim ever wakes up to the fact that what he is doing isn't working, (at home games anyway - we are far better on the road), and a Plan B and C may be useful.

Personally I think Power plays the 'Goodwin' role so do not see the point in Gogic if money is tight. We certainly need some pace on the right and Henderson could maybe do that with a back 4 behind him but the lad ain't a wing back (not that that has stopped Millar getting a gig). Wouldn't touch Kennedy before the summer until he can prove his fitness.

I'd also recall young Lewis Jamieson as surely he cannot be any worse than Main although we probably also need a more experienced forward.

If Jim's intransigence continues I'd let McGrath go as we are totally wasting the lad's time and talents. We have a diamond there and are not using him. Such a waste for us and for him.

When we start back McCarthy should be fit again which is a bonus. It also allows us the possibility of changing to a back 4 with Dunne at left back if Jim ever wakes up to the fact that what he is doing isn't working, (at home games anyway - we are far better on the road), and a Plan B and C may be useful.
Personally I think Power plays the 'Goodwin' role so do not see the point in Gogic if money is tight. We certainly need some pace on the right and Henderson could maybe do that with a back 4 behind him but the lad ain't a wing back (not that that has stopped Millar getting a gig). Wouldn't touch Kennedy before the summer until he can prove his fitness.
I'd also recall young Lewis Jamieson as surely he cannot be any worse than Main although we probably also need a more experienced forward.
If Jim's intransigence continues I'd let McGrath go as we are totally wasting the lad's time and talents. We have a diamond there and are not using him. Such a waste for us and for him.
I'm sure I read on the signing of Power that he was more of a number 8 than a number 6. Is it maybe looking at playing Gogic as the 6? Also is power out of contract this summer and JM wanted Gogic way before power ever signed?

45 minutes ago, Sonny said:

My thoughts too. 

People complained that having Erhahon and Power in midfield makes us too defence minded. Replace Erhahon with Gogic and you end up in a similar situation.

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I'm sure I read on the signing of Power that he was more of a number 8 than a number 6. Is it maybe looking at playing Gogic as the 6? Also is power out of contract this summer and JM wanted Gogic way before power ever signed?

Power is only on a one year deal.

If he doesn't re-sign, then Gogic would be a decent option to replace him.

Power is only on a one year deal.
If he doesn't re-sign, then Gogic would be a decent option to replace him.
Cheers for that. Couldn't remember. Could be he wants to sort that position out asap in case. Kinda like signing Kiltie as a replacement for McGrath (though I don't see that comparison now).
Anyone know if Ronan was a loan to buy as that would be great ( if we had decent money) [emoji1787]

Cheers for that. Couldn't remember. Could be he wants to sort that position out asap in case. Kinda like signing Kiltie as a replacement for McGrath (though I don't see that comparison now).
Anyone know if Ronan was a loan to buy as that would be great ( if we had decent money) [emoji1787]

Unfortunately no for Ronan. I think he had just signed a 3 year deal with Wolves when they loaned him out to us.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no for Ronan. I think he had just signed a 3 year deal with Wolves when they loaned him out to us.

Damn shame as he has a bright future. Ball going through him is when we have played well. I was just living in hope.

13 hours ago, billyg said:

Gogic ?

Not sure we need a player like him as we have Power, Flynn and Erahon for the defensive midfield slots - though he is younger than the first two and can also cover at centre half. Can't see him signing though unless someone leaves.

I think it’s clear we are v much in the relegation battle once again. Poor squad balance has left us floundering in the jan window with our best player probably leaving. Gogic is a decent player but not what we need not that I think Ethan offers much. Power whilst not brilliant is our best defensive midfielder . Let’s be honest we can’t score goals often enough and that must be our aim to find someone even on loan to fire us to safety and avoid the traditional scrap

28 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I heard down South.

I suspect we'll want to get as much cash as we can for McGrath.

English league 1/championship clubs will be able to outbid the likes of Hibs/Aberdeen.

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

I suspect we'll want to get as much cash as we can for McGrath.

English league 1/championship clubs will be able to outbid the likes of Hibs/Aberdeen.

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me wage wise as  for instance Matty Willock who we had on loan few years back is on near 1k at Salford. If you put his name up along with salary it will give an idea as to what he is paid, also rest of squad at Salford (2021). It certainly shows the gulf in finances wage wise, and thats lg2. We are paying less than teams like carlisle utd.

55 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

To be honest it wouldn't surprise me wage wise as  for instance Matty Willock who we had on loan few years back is on near 1k at Salford. If you put his name up along with salary it will give an idea as to what he is paid, also rest of squad at Salford (2021). It certainly shows the gulf in finances wage wise, and thats lg2. We are paying less than teams like carlisle utd.

How do you know? That’s not what I heard. In fact I’m told we’re paying decent money to some. McGrath signed on a lesser wage as he was coming from a league that is not a top European league and he was at that point untested in Scottish football

2 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Scottish Teams Wages - Salford’s are also available. https://footballleaguefc.com/category/player-wages/amp/