Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

10 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Scottish Teams Wages - Salford’s are also available. https://footballleaguefc.com/category/player-wages/amp/

So it’s last season wages - we finished 7th and I think since then we have increased our budget as you’d expect . I’d also struggle to see how Livingston were paying 2500 to a defender - and if power was on 1500 at Kilmarnock is he playing for 750 at us? In short I don’t trust this information

6 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Aberdeen have supposedly approached the club about getting McGrath. I hope there are other suitors from down south. The thought of Jamie heading up there for peanuts and someone like Matty Kennedy coming the other way would be a nightmare. 

Failing an English club coming in for him, I'd prefer the Hibs previous offer. As you said, Aberdeen's dead wood or injury prone players coming our way doesn't really sound like a good deal. 

IMO it will boil down to whichever deal keeps Jamie's profile the highest and gives him the most game time, as that will enhance his chances of getting into the Ireland squad. Obviously finance will be a factor too.

Going to Hibs after us did John McGinn no harm, so Aberdeen/Hibs might be a suitable stepping stone.

However, if he and his agent are chasing the money, then the English championship would seem the best bet.

I'd rather an English championship club offered us 300/400K for an early exit, rather than us picking up peanuts and some deadwood from the aforementioned clubs.

As far as I can see, there are vey few players, if any, that Aberdeen/Hibs possess, that suit our current requirements.

Anybody know what the situation is with Dylan McGeouch at Aberdeen? Used to be a cracking player at hibs, must still be in his 20s too. 
McGrath has been very poor latey and I would quite happily do a swap with Aberdeen involving a fit Kennedy and McGeouch, same with Hibs for Allan etc.

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Anybody know what the situation is with Dylan McGeouch at Aberdeen? Used to be a cracking player at hibs, must still be in his 20s too. 
McGrath has been very poor latey and I would quite happily do a swap with Aberdeen involving a fit Kennedy and McGeouch, same with Hibs for Allan etc.

Another perma-crock.

Gogic off overseas apparently.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

This Kennedy lad is a myth. Ryan Flynn had him in his back pocket during his last season at st Johnstone I’m sorry but I fail to see the attraction. Jim should play through McGrath not over his head . 

3 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Lafferty now a free agent?  Any takers?  😳

3 hours ago, elvis said:

Wouldn't be any worse than what we have now.

2 hours ago, Magic Monkey said:

Take him in a heartbeat, tbh. Hate the guy, but he scores goals.

Much as it pains me to say it, he is exactly what we are missing (provided he is still capable of what he did at Killie last season).

No thanks.

Apart from his goals for Kilmarnock, Lafferty has hardly been prolific in the past three years.

He's another year older at 34 and was demanding a king's ransom to stay at Kilmarnock.

Not a very pleasant individual either.

He would be a risky and lazy signing IMO.

4 hours ago, fmckinn said:

Very quiet on here, nobody got any inclings or potential news in or out

Yes FlareyBob is just off the phone said he's been on the blower all day talking to some of his top reliable sources,  

Said he can't say a word at the moment as negotiation's are at a very critical stage on 2 deals, said one is Grantham Town striker Ollie Skinner [a done deal] and Basford United wing back Dominic [Cafu] Roma  :huh: 

I remember a game at home where Kennedy was utter mince and was getting pelters from W7. He was substituted to save himself. No thanks from me. 

I was at that game, in W6, and he was getting pelters, but only because he was the only Fake trying and offering any threat - he was only occasionally successful and we took great satisfaction in his multiple failures.
I think he was subbed after getting booked.
He was too greedy but probably chose not to pass to teammates because they were performing even worse than him that day.

I was disappointed when he signed for the Dons as I wanted him in Paisley, if he’s fit, I’d take him.

I’d also take a punt on Cummings, but seems he’s off overseas.

Not sure about Griffiths but it’s a definite no for Lafferty.

Thank f*ck I’m not our manager !

40 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

I was at that game, in W6, and he was getting pelters, but only because he was the only Fake trying and offering any threat - he was only occasionally successful and we took great satisfaction in his multiple failures.
He was too greedy but probably chose not to pass to teammates because they were performing even worse than him that day.

I was disappointed when he signed for the Dons as I wanted him in Paisley, if he’s fit, I’d take him.

I was there too.. I agree with you.

and everything else, except Cummings he's pish 

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

I would be happy with Matty Kennedy if fit but heard he may be off to killie with McInnes, he was promised a decent budget before he took that gig.