Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Why would he go to killie with McInnes, when he couldn't get near his team at Aberdeen  

Bit different trying to get a game for killie in the championship though.

I hope Goodwin turns this around but feel we missed a trick not getting McInnes in, time will tell.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Bit different trying to get a game for killie in the championship though.

I hope Goodwin turns this around but feel we missed a trick not getting McInnes in, time will tell.

It is for sure

But why would you sign for a manager who didn't rate you good enough rather than one that does.

Anyway that boat has sailed for me he had his chances to join us and didn't. 

As for signing new players forget the lower leagues in England IMO where the players are overpriced and overrated, we've had our fingers burnt all to often, Lets concentrate on Ireland and the lower leagues in Scotland. 

The Raith Rovers team last year showed us the talent is there we just need the talent to spot it and give these lads a chance, it's better if you can sign a player on the way up rather than the way down 

Remember where we got Lex Richardson Peter Weir and Frank McAvennie 3 of the best players ever to play for this club 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Remember where we got Lex Richardson Peter Weir and Frank McAvennie 3 of the best players ever to play for this club 

Sadly, the game has changed.  When we signed these guys the Juniors was a stepping stone to the pro game but it no longer is. Even the lower leagues up here are not the rich picking grounds they once were.  The Academy system has changed how young players are developed - so many get discarded in their late teens and many of them give up the game completely.

2 hours ago, rabuddies said:

Sadly, the game has changed.  When we signed these guys the Juniors was a stepping stone to the pro game but it no longer is. Even the lower leagues up here are not the rich picking grounds they once were.  The Academy system has changed how young players are developed - so many get discarded in their late teens and many of them give up the game completely.

Indeed.

There's a dearth of younger, quality players in the championship.

Dundee signed McCowan from Ayr and he's doing O.K. Hibs signed Danny McKay from ICT. He looked a very decent player, but hasn't featured for Hibs since the end of August. IIRC he's got a lot of pace. If he's fit and available on loan, he might address our lack of pace issue.

Raith's Regan Hendry was another one who stood out. We were reportedly interested in him, but he went down to England.

I noticed that Kilmarnock and the Fakes seem to be competing to sign Zak Rudden from Thistle. I don't really remember him standing out against us earlier in the season.

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Still nothing happening?

It'll be because we're taking out time to get the right players..............................that's one of the excuses rolled out at the summer signing saga. 

Are you surprised mate? 🤣

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Naw JJ, we're scraping around for leftovers, as usual, hoping we unearth ONE half decent player. 

I have no doubt that’s what’s happening unfortunately, just hope Dundee, County etc don’t improve much either.

Mcinnes only in at killie a couple of days ago and I expect they will have signings in before us too.