Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Read this morning that Beerschot are looking to offload Shankland.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/lawrence-shankland-puts-spfl-clubs-25889060

Would people think we should take another chance on him? Would he be better or worse than the likes of Main, Dennis or Erwin?

Did he play for Utd this season that would mean he couldn't play for any other Scottish club this season apart from them as will have already played for 2 clubs already?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Shankland was transferred for £1M only six months ago and is on a salary St Mirren players could only dream about. No chance we can sign him.
I just live in hope we can find someone who can score goals that plays up front. [emoji1787]

Need rid of Main, Dennis and Erwin.

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, we've as much chance of signing Harry Kane.

Bargain basement for us. 

Ross County chairman confirming this morning they will splash the cash to help County stay in the league and will be announcing signings next week.

Its going to be a long slog for us, certainly don’t fancy facing the likes of killie or Inverness in a play off either.

4 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Ross County chairman confirming this morning they will splash the cash to help County stay in the league and will be announcing signings next week.

Its going to be a long slog for us, certainly don’t fancy facing the likes of killie or Inverness in a play off either.

Every year Uncle Roy says no more money, the club has to stand on its own two feet and every year without fail, he dips into the family inheritance. 
He’s spent so much time and money on his beloved club, there no way he’s going to stand back ,watch & do nothing. 

I feel we have given maybe higher wages this season that all budget is currently locked in on current players. We need them to leave to get players in.

Also with the lack of game time and visibility of what they can do, who would take a punt on taking Erwin or Dennis off our hands knowing what they could offer their teams?

I'm worried that the teams in the bottom half of the table with us all have someone who seems to be able to bank roll them potentially out of their issues and we don't.

If McGrath goes we need it sooner so we can get in some creativity and pace that we really really need.

The next focus needs to then be to get rid of the forward deadwood and get in someone that can make a difference. I thought when he first signed Main might do a turn as looked to trouble defenders. Sadly at times when he gets man handled, he is so strong he gets f**k all for it. After all the game time, he isn't the answer.

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Every year Uncle Roy says no more money, the club has to stand on its own two feet and every year without fail, he dips into the family inheritance. 
He’s spent so much time and money on his beloved club, there no way he’s going to stand back ,watch & do nothing. 

Plus McKay has good contacts, I expect them to stay up.

We must be clear favourites to go down surely.
14/1 to finish bottom. Get your mortgage on it!

Dundee 7/4, St J 2/1 RC 11/4 Livi 10/1

The bookies, who make a living out of taking money from gamblers, see 4 teams with a higher chance of finishing last than us.

As doom and gloom as a lot of our support is, 4 sets of supporters should be doomier and gloomier!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

9 minutes ago, elvis said:

We must be clear favourites to go down surely.Wouldnt suprise me if Ayr pump us out the cup either.

They had a decent result v Raith , and have made what looks like a decent managerial appointment , so appears to be a whole new ball game since the draw was made !

20 minutes ago, billyg said:

They had a decent result v Raith , and have made what looks like a decent managerial appointment , so appears to be a whole new ball game since the draw was made !

They did but that was their only win in the last 5 league game and they do leak goals.

In saying that, at home they will be up for our game. 

1 hour ago, elvis said:

We must be clear favourites to go down surely.Wouldnt suprise me if Ayr pump us out the cup either.

Poor Elvis,no game today so he’s got to fast forward a couple of weeks to get his fix of doom and gloom 😂