Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Jim and the board simply must have a plan to find better forward options. We have only won 5 home games in 18 months and that is not good enough. Forget too six that’s a joke now given how we’ve fell away.The fact is that we haven’t won in 12 and whilst Celtic home was a tremendous effort it is clear we need goals and sadly the signings Jim has made in forward areas have not been successful. Brophy is the only guy who has any quality. The others need to go as Jim doesn’t fancy them clearly seeing as their game time has been restricted 

Edited by norrie82

Rumours of both Drey Wright and Matty Kennedy.

What's better than one player signing who we don't feel is of the required standard? That's right, two!

I don't think we're favourites to go down by any means but signing Wright and Kennedy would be a clear indicator that we want to do just enough to stay up rather than actively seeking to push on. I'd be playing Jay Henderson ahead of Wright any day of the week and Kennedy wouldn't be displacing Tanser at LWB.

I have been supportive of Jim however that has lost a lot of faith recently. We started with this one tactic of a long ball to Tanser shite from the start of the season which was horrendous. Then, in Away games, we started pressing and getting our decent midfielders like Ronan and McGrath into play and getting some results. But at home it is the long ball to Tanser like a broken record. The PDE suggested Jim come up with a plan B and he took exception to this and said he wasn't changing his system. Intransigence isn't a good quality.

Two questions at this point. 1) last season was our best in decades when we played out from the back - why change it this season? And 2) why do we play a high press Away from home which is successful (more Away points than Home points) and have the midfield more involved, but don't play a high press at home and miss out the midfield?

Now with no wins in 12 he is apparently prepared to let McGrath go in exchange for 2 players one of whom is a crock and the other cannot get a game for his club. McGrath is still under contract. Just keep him if no decent bids come in. Change the f**king tactics to use him and Ronan as they should be used.

My support of Jim is fading fast and a horrendous transfer window could easily see it evaporate completely.  At least Brophy and McCarthy should be fit after the break which is a bonus.

What's better than one player signing who we don't feel is of the required standard? That's right, two!
I don't think we're favourites to go down by any means but signing Wright and Kennedy would be a clear indicator that we want to do just enough to stay up rather than actively seeking to push on. I'd be playing Jay Henderson ahead of Wright any day of the week and Kennedy wouldn't be displacing Tanser at LWB.
I am just trying to get in the head of Jim and what they could add and how they could fit in. If he is sticking to this system, do you think they would work in a 3-4-2-1? With their pace since we miss out the midfield with the current tactics?

The 2 behind the striker sitting wider adding in the pace we need, but also being the players the long ball is going to, so they can use their pace to get onto these balls? This would also allow the striker to actually stay more central as at the moment they are dragged out wide constantly.

This could potentially allow the wing backs to overlap? Allow Tanser to get his crosses in?

This will look shite while trying to explain. Below I have taken out McGrath as could be away (and wouldn't you want to if missing the midfield out.)
-----------------Alnwick------------------
Fraser - Shaughnessy - Dunne
Millar -- Power - Ronan -- Tanser
------Wright --------------- Kennedy
-------------------Brophy-------------------

This would allow the striker to play as a target man in the middle. If long diagonal ball, this allows the pace to run on to them. On the kick out with the wing backs playing so high this would then look like

Millar------------------------------- Tanser
--------Wright-----------------Kennedy
-------------------Brophy-----------------

The tactic to kick up to Tanser to head on is ok, but we need more options if this is the system.

Again just trying to see how the pace could work and if we are missing the middle out.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

The club at boardroom level is a mess the silence is incredible. AGM ? Face the fans ? What’s going on. Whilst this is happening let’s not kid ourselves that it won’t impact on the park too. Remember this was a board that was looking to punt McGrath for peanuts on the last day in August window

Norrie that's a rant based on pure speculation. Understandable, I know but what do you want them to say?  The setup we have is that like most Premiership clubs the football side is in the hands of the MD and the Manager. They will talk when when something is happening and not before.  Don't get stressed by something out of your control.

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

Norrie that's a rant based on pure speculation. Understandable, I know but what do you want them to say?  The setup we have is that like most Premiership clubs the football side is in the hands of the MD and the Manager. They will talk when when something is happening and not before.  Don't get stressed by something out of your control.

Well how about the board front up and speak to the fans at an AGM? 

41 minutes ago, billyg said:

I believe we are trying to get the best deal we can for McGrath , and we are also looking to offload another three , either loan or permanent. Don't think they'll be any in until there's movement out !

That’s fair enough I hope we get a deal that allows us to add quality and avoid a problem as we need to avoid a relegation battle 

2 hours ago, norrie82 said:

What I’m saying is that for not a lot of money we were preparing to sell our best player at the last minute . Do you trust that this window will deliver the quality required to stay clear of a relegation battle? I’m not convinced. 

Jamie is only worth what someone will pay, yes he is an International player but that would be 4 competitive appearances for one of the worst ROI teams in recent years.
He is also 25 and while a decent player at our level he is hardly someone a club looks at as an emerging talent. 
As for the last minute part, we were swapping him for Wright and Allan so it was not going to leave us short of numbers.

Jamie is decent but no more than that. 

3 hours ago, billyg said:

I believe we are trying to get the best deal we can for McGrath , and we are also looking to offload another three , either loan or permanent. Don't think they'll be any in until there's movement out !

the championship would be a good shout for Main and Erwin.  Some new managers are trying to strengthen and they are both good picks for that level.

If McGrath goes then maybe one of those could be a makeweight in a deal for Rudden

Brophy, I think, is worth another chance.  Same goes for Dennis

Edited by beyond our ken

10 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the championship would be a good shout for Main and Erwin.  Some new managers are trying to strengthen and they are both good picks for that level.

If McGrath goes then maybe one of those could be a makeweight in a deal for Rudden

Brophy, I think, is worth another chance.  Same goes for Dennis

Brophy is worth another chance? 😂 he’s our only decent striker that is absolutely starved of service.

Goodwin’s awful tactics is what’s failing the likes of McGrath and Brophy.

Brophy is worth another chance? [emoji23] he’s our only decent striker that is absolutely starved of service.
Goodwin’s awful tactics is what’s failing the likes of McGrath and Brophy.
This!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, kilwinningbuddie said:

I have Heard from a media source that the board is in discussing the removal of Goodwin with jack ross coming back

no transfer movement until resolved

I'm not sure that would work- Jack Ross would just sign St Mirren players. 

15 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Seem's like the kind of player that would fit right into to the way we play 

One goal in the last 4 year