Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

13 hours ago, kilwinningbuddie said:

I have Heard from a media source that the board is in discussing the removal of Goodwin with jack ross coming back

no transfer movement until resolved

Is that a secret media source.  Strange nothing is coming from the fans who are part owners of the club. 

We never seem to do well in deals for our best players. Out with McGrath we have lost talent like McGinn, McLean, Mallon, McGennis and Morgan all for less than a million quid collectively. Now thankfully the board at the time inserted a sell on for John M but the rest have left for really poor fees. We obviously didn’t get told how much hibs paid for Kyle but it won’t have been much. It frustrates me when I see other clubs getting really good money for their best top talent 

I haven't checked the full details but the players all mentioned were all coming to end of contract so not sure what the board could have done better? Is there a comparable end of contract deal where another club have done better?

Transfer mkt figures, no idea if they are good or not

Lewis Morgan went from us to Celtic for £306k  , he then left them to Miami for £360k

Kenny Mclean went from us to Aberdeen for £360k but left Aberdeen to Norwish for £203k

Mcginn as you say we have done ok out of

Stevie Mallan we got £306k for and barnsley then sold him to hibs for £180k

All in all not too bad based on what the clubs they went to then sold them for.

6 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

I haven't checked the full details but the players all mentioned were all coming to end of contract so not sure what the board could have done better? Is there a comparable end of contract deal where another club have done better?

Lewis Morgan went from us to Celtic for £306k  , he then left them to Miami for £360k

Kenny Mclean went from us to Aberdeen for £360k but left Aberdeen to Norwish for £203k

Where you get those figures from as far as I am aware we got no  where near those numbers you are quoting.

36 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

pretty sure I already said :D

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/

Transfermarkt isn't reliable in terms of transfer fees, for anything undisclosed it guesses based on market value when they moved.

We got about £100k for McLean if I remember correctly.

Edit - Turns out it WAS £300k. Think I'm getting confused with when Stevie McGinn signed for Watford.

Edited by djchapsticks

1 hour ago, Swiss_Saint said:

We wish we got those figures you quoted 

We are an easy touch

McGarth who is an international is looking for a pre contract 

But we will let him go for buttons

We missed out big time in the summer 

I'm still of the opinion there is diamonds in the lower leagues but there seems to be a snobbery about it. 

What happened to managers having a scout about at games instead of relying on agents memory sticks

15 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Defensive signings have been good but attacking we have been found out big time. The strikers Jim has signed haven’t delivered 

Thats a very polite way of putting it...nice to see our reject Ross Stewart doing so badly with 18 goals at Sunderland this season 😄

6 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Thats a very polite way of putting it...nice to see our reject Ross Stewart doing so badly with 18 goals at Sunderland this season 😄

Sigh

! "Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth said after the game: "Ross Stewart is a hell of a player and he will go onto huge, huge things in his career and today was a huge learning curve for my defenders."

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

Sigh

! "Wycombe boss Gareth Ainsworth said after the game: "Ross Stewart is a hell of a player and he will go onto huge, huge things in his career and today was a huge learning curve for my defenders."

Aye, but Stubbs got £25k for him.

I'm getting impatient (and I know is shouldn't), but I really want us to address sooner rather than later the real lack of pace. This would make me feel easier with how things are as it's is really really missing.

You can see JG wanted to address it as he was wanting o'halloran during the summer, who has pace. This was after the likes of Connolly was going as I'm sure he was looking for higher wage and more game time from down south. Guess players with Pace, especially with a lot of teams now adopting some for of this 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 type stuff are looking for fast players to play wide.

If Kennedy was fit, did he have pace?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk