Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Grieve looked sharp during his cameo appearance and got himself into a couple of good positions. Time will tell.
Cummings off to OZ

I agree Ricky, I thought Grieve did ok yesterday, good awareness and a desire to get to goal, fully appreciate the boy is just in the door and needs to integrate but coming on as a sub here and there will in the short term help the boy.

He looks as if he may need to bulk up just a little bit IMO, however in the very short spell I have seen him he definitely offers more than Main & Erwin.

However to completely contradict myself I think Main could be useful against Aberdeen on Tuesday as they will undoubtedly kick lumps out of us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

I agree Ricky, I thought Grieve did ok yesterday, good awareness and a desire to get to goal, fully appreciate the boy is just in the door and needs to integrate but coming on as a sub here and there will in the short term help the boy.

He looks as if he may need to bulk up just a little bit IMO, however in the very short spell I have seen him he definitely offers more than Main & Erwin.

However to completely contradict myself I think Main could be useful against Aberdeen on Tuesday as they will undoubtedly kick lumps out of us!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree on building up his upper body in particular. As for the game against Aberdeen. It shows every sign of being a kick fest.

Think it's going to be a busy week , I think the following could happen .

Cammy McPherson to St Johnstone for a small undisclosed fee .

McGrath will go to a Championship/ League One club , reckon there's a couple of offers been accepted and the issue is what cut of the incoming transfer fee Jamie wants , whether he will stay at St Mirren and St Mirren get no transfer fee . Or whether he is desperate to get playing in England and be on a contract offering £7k plus a week . 

Main will end up going to an English lower league team on a try snd buy basis .

Christian Dennis,s Agent looking to get him to move to an ambitious national league club .

Partick Thistle eying up a loan deal for Lee Erwin should Zak Rudden go to Dundee this window .

St Mirren will announce two signings from Republic of Ireland and a loan signing from a Premiership club by the end of the week .

Pure speculation,  looking forward to a few comings and goings as the week moves on .

Wonder if the news stories tonight on McGrath being back for consideration against Aberdeen also mean he isn't likely to move this month. I'm in two minds over this. Part of me thinks we would be better having the money to strengthen two or three positions, the rest thinks it would be great still to have him at the club. 

Do we take the risk that we will progress further in the cup against Kelty Hearts as well and go on that premise to strengthen the squad... Difficult one. 

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Wonder if the news stories tonight on McGrath being back for consideration against Aberdeen also mean he isn't likely to move this month. I'm in two minds over this. Part of me thinks we would be better having the money to strengthen two or three positions, the rest thinks it would be great still to have him at the club. 

Do we take the risk that we will progress further in the cup against Kelty Hearts as well and go on that premise to strengthen the squad... Difficult one. 

I would take the cash

27 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We have won two games after he was dropped.  Like set up with Kiltie, so far.