Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Ooft. Be a hell of a swap, that.

No thanks. I’m of the (perhaps very small minority) opinion that Magennis isn’t any great shakes. I don’t even believe he was completely proven at Championship level, never mind Premiership. McGrath is a vastly superior player.

Magennis + Allan then you’d be talking. 

Think it's going to be a busy week , I think the following could happen .
Cammy McPherson to St Johnstone for a small undisclosed fee .
McGrath will go to a Championship/ League One club , reckon there's a couple of offers been accepted and the issue is what cut of the incoming transfer fee Jamie wants , whether he will stay at St Mirren and St Mirren get no transfer fee . Or whether he is desperate to get playing in England and be on a contract offering £7k plus a week . 
Main will end up going to an English lower league team on a try snd buy basis .
Christian Dennis,s Agent looking to get him to move to an ambitious national league club .
Partick Thistle eying up a loan deal for Lee Erwin should Zak Rudden go to Dundee this window .
St Mirren will announce two signings from Republic of Ireland and a loan signing from a Premiership club by the end of the week .
Pure speculation,  looking forward to a few comings and goings as the week moves on .

Do you mean from the ROI league or ROI nationality? Interested to know who the ROI players would be if from the ROI league as have 'Well and Fakes not recently signed what might be seen as decent players from that league.

So could look like
Out
Cammy
McGrath
Dennis
Main
Erwin

In
ROI player
ROI player
Prem loanee
Maybe a swap if McGrath goes to Hibs?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Magennis unfortunately has never shown anything other than flashes of talent mixed in with long spells on the treatment table.

A shame for the guy for sure but he'd come back as a high earner and we'd maybe get 12-16 games a season from him.

Totally agree, I also think the board will feel we made a bad decision giving the other Kyle a 3 year deal given his injury record. Once bitten, twice shy hopefully. No harm to Kyle who earned the right to take good wages off hibs for another 3 years. 

38 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Jamieson will either stay with us or go to another Championship club.

Would be a bit of a dunt to his confidence to go to a L1 side after playing half a season, and doing well by all accounts, in the Championship.

See I thought this too but he's actually only made 8 sub appearances for ICT, most of them last 10-15 minutes.

I thought he was given more of a chance than he was.

14 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Sean Mackie, Melker Hallberg and Scott Allan have all been tonight been told they are free to leave Hibs.

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/hibs/scott-allan-hibs-willing-to-let-popular-playmaker-leave-in-january-and-two-others-heading-for-exit-door-3540093

Dundee are in for Allan as well I believe mate.

13 hours ago, Sonny said:

More like we won two games when we moved to a back four and changed the f**kin long ball to Tanser tactics.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

True, there's also that. Would change have happened if McGrath was playing. It's anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

Edited by pod

20 minutes ago, pod said:

True, there's also that. Would change have happened if McGrath was playing. It's anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

Yes it would (thank f...). Apparently they have been working on it over the holidays.  Here is a quote from Goody .....

“We have made changes, we’ve changed the formation, we’ve worked on a different system."

Edited by Sonny

Makes sense to bring Allan in this window if we can, McGrath’s contract is up in the summer anyway even if he decides to hang about plus Ronan will return to Wolves.

Another attacking player with pace plus Scott Allan and we are good to go this window I think.

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I think he's going to sign for Dundee while we dilly dally.

I 'm not that bothered tbh. I would take him but he's hardly the type that would rally the troops if we were in trouble at the bottom. Can't see where he would fit in at Dundee either , him and Charlie are a couple of cart horses !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I 'm not that bothered tbh. I would take him but he's hardly the type that would rally the troops if we were in trouble at the bottom. Can't see where he would fit in at Dundee either , him and Charlie are a couple of cart horses !

I hope he doesnt read this forum. With comments like that I would go elsewhere. He is hardly a cart horse. Quality player who would do a job for us.