Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

57 minutes ago, Ethan said:

I hope he doesnt read this forum. With comments like that I would go elsewhere. He is hardly a cart horse. Quality player who would do a job for us. 

If he’s such a quality player why are Hibs getting rid?

Nah. Not for me. Not consistent enough or likely to be available all season.

Watching Scott Allan on loan at ICT it was obvious he had the ability to not just see a pass but actually make it. He is doing a lot better now at managing his health issues and would definitely add something to anyone in the bottom 6. 
Hibs are kicking on as a club and are in the position of having better players and Allan needs regular football so this makes sense for both parties. 

2 hours ago, Ethan said:

I hope he doesnt read this forum. With comments like that I would go elsewhere. He is hardly a cart horse. Quality player who would do a job for us. 

JG mentioned getting more pace in , Carthorse may be a an exaggeration but although he can pick a pass , he's not going to work hard like Kiltie , Ronan and Tanser !

The shite tactics up to Xmas did not do Jamie or any of the other midfielders any favours. Now that we seem to be using the midfield for at least half of the play I hope to see all the midfield guys show what they are capable of for the second half of the season. Jamie could still get a decent move down South in the summer if this window fails and would be pleased if he stays until then.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

The shite tactics up to Xmas did not do Jamie or any of the other midfielders any favours. Now that we seem to be using the midfield for at least half of the play I hope to see all the midfield guys show what they are capable of for the second half of the season. Jamie could still get a decent move down South in the summer if this window fails and would be pleased if he stays until then.

I think the awful tactics might have had something to do with the arrival of Main and trying to play him and Brophy up front, along with following the trend for 'wingbacks'. Ok if you got the players to do it. Problem with this was we then had to play a full back who can play centre back if needed in said position permanently, now back to normal position and better in a back 4.

Anyways back to topic, I have a hunch Jamie will still be a saints player after window closes. I also think we will still have Erwin but Dennis and Main will have gone possibly McAllister too.

Some rumours this morning that Main is going down south. Hopefully there is scope to get Dennis & Erwin moved on as well. Would also be okay with Tait and Flynn leaving. If we get three or four of them out and two or three in, I would be delighted. 

Difficult one with McAllister, there is certainly some capability there as a player but not sure he'll get the chances (rightly) over the next few months to showcase. I would be okay either way at this point. 

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some rumours this morning that Main is going down south. Hopefully there is scope to get Dennis & Erwin moved on as well. Would also be okay with Tait and Flynn leaving. If we get three or four of them out and two or three in, I would be delighted. 

Difficult one with McAllister, there is certainly some capability there as a player but not sure he'll get the chances (rightly) over the next few months to showcase. I would be okay either way at this point. 

Why is it a difficult one with McAllister. That has been said since he came back from Derby. Get him out and get better in as he isn't cutting it and hasn't been for whole of the 3 year deal he was given.

Living on the form in the Championship under JR

3 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Why is it a difficult one with McAllister. That has been said since he came back from Derby. Get him out and get better in as he isn't cutting it and hasn't been for whole of the 3 year deal he was given.

I think he’s done well when given the chance & is still young. I wouldn’t be against given him another year to see. Would imagine he’d need to take a pay cut though, probably on one of our biggest wages. 

36 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

It would be interesting to know how many 90mins he has actually played since returning from Derby.

15 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I had the impression last Sat against Ayr was his 1st and only 90 mins.

Appreciate it's a squad game these days, but that highlights his main weakness. We can’t afford to carry players that are lacking in fitness. Is he out of contract in the summer? Perhaps we will see an improvement between now and the end of the season. Would love to see him score the winning goal in the SC final and write himself into St Mirren history. 

46 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Appreciate it's a squad game these days, but that highlights his main weakness. We can’t afford to carry players that are lacking in fitness. Is he out of contract in the summer? Perhaps we will see an improvement between now and the end of the season. Would love to see him score the winning goal in the SC final and write himself into St Mirren history. 

He is out of contract in the summer. 

Personally not fuss if he resign or not. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I had the impression last Sat against Ayr was his 1st and only 90 mins.

If that is the case and I've no doubt its probably true then why the heck would we offer him another contract.

3 years of virtually nothing from him and by all accounts not helping himself. Surely we can do better than McAllister if we aspire to be top 6 side which we are more than capable of becoming.

6 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I wonder if Killie will look at Erwin on loan to replace Hendry? 

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

IMO I think Tait would get a game at most clubs. Flynn may not have 90 minutes in him at this level but is good to go from the bench. McAllister has skill but injuries and fitness have hampered his contributions. Main works hard, as does Dennis and Irwin but overall I think we are looking to step up standards in this part of the team.

2 minutes ago, Rascal said:

IMO I think Tait would get a game at most clubs. Flynn may not have 90 minutes in him at this level but is good to go from the bench. McAllister has skill but injuries and fitness have hampered his contributions. Main works hard, as does Dennis and Irwin but overall I think we are looking to step up standards in this part of the team.

I would agree but tempted to keep most of them in the squad.