Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 hours ago, lenziebud said:

If that is the case and I've no doubt its probably true then why the heck would we offer him another contract.

3 years of virtually nothing from him and by all accounts not helping himself. Surely we can do better than McAllister if we aspire to be top 6 side which we are more than capable of becoming.

Totally agree. What can only be described as a wasted talent really. More so as it would appear that JG has preference for Henderson you would think that Mc Allister would push himself to get into first 11.

1 hour ago, magnus said:

Looking like maybe Wigan and possibly  Hibs ( player swaps) still showing some interest in signing Jamie McGrath this window.

If JG says he’s identified a couple of really good players I hope it’s not simply makeweights in a deal with McGrath. Especially since Scott Allan ha been told he’s free to leave anyway. 

4 hours ago, John Gotti said:

Dundee fans claimed he was asking for too much money………………given their current salary scale…….that’s quite the statement.

Allan is very much a McInnes signing, if it goes through I’m sure that will be the 3rd signing from hibs this window.

16 hours ago, Rascal said:

IMO I think Tait would get a game at most clubs. Flynn may not have 90 minutes in him at this level but is good to go from the bench. McAllister has skill but injuries and fitness have hampered his contributions. Main works hard, as does Dennis and Irwin but overall I think we are looking to step up standards in this part of the team.

Flynn strikes me as the sort of player who might be well suited to a coaching role. Lots of younger players seem to namecheck him as being a role model. I'd like to see him retained and maybe integrated into the youth coaching setup (if he wants to/we have such a role available.)

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

Flynn strikes me as the sort of player who might be well suited to a coaching role. Lots of younger players seem to namecheck him as being a role model. I'd like to see him retained and maybe integrated into the youth coaching setup (if he wants to/we have such a role available.)

Good point

1 hour ago, Magic Monkey said:

I said this on Tuesday also  while Watching him at half time with the youngsters . Not sure if he sees himself coaching after finishes playing but wealth of experience at a very decent level - would be nice to think he would become part of the coaching team but then that adds another Midfielder to the coaches .

If McGrath doesn't go then, then if he plays like he did against Aberdeen for the rest of the season, I would be happy with that.

I wish we could punt Main, Dennis and Erwin. When they have had the chance, they have under performed.

I think Tait is a good back up to the back 4, as played well there last season.

Flynn is done at this level I feel and would be good to get a player coach role somewhere else or some club getting him towards his badges.

McAllister I feel in the new formation could feature. The times last season coming in the no10 role he did well for spells. If Kiltie keeps going well there, he could come on when he is done in.

If got rid of them it be good to get width and pace to push on in this set up.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Think it's looking pretty much like we won't be signing anyone else hope we have enough to avoid bottom two . Maybe go into liquidation first with all the money we are losing.

It's fine, we won't go into liquidation.

Armageddon will save us.

Just now, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Well there is no f**ker I saw that I'd want from that squad on Tuesday.

They were poor on Tuesday but they are in the top 6, we're not.

Would be foolish to write anybody off on one very poor performance after all you only have to go back 4 game and more to see how shite we were. 

32 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Well there is no f**ker I saw that I'd want from that squad on Tuesday.

Aberdeen have some players who we would ( should ) happily have at saints but who quite Frankly just didn’t turn up on Tuesday . 
Ferguson is a Cnut but I’d be happy if he was our Cnut .

Hedges is a quality player who simply didn’t bring his A game to Paisley 

& Ramsay , IMO …. WILL be a next Scotland star - he simply had the worst day at the office - it happens !!

Lets not Kid ourselves. Aberdeen FC are a bigger club, bigger fan base, bigger budget but we f**ked them on Tuesday . Lets be happy with that, enjoy the victory and move on.
Be churlish to write off their entire squad on the grounds of one game .