Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

21 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Ok I was harsh, but Ferguson, Hedges and Ramsay wouldn't form part of a deal. If anything did, it be the likes of Kennedy? Maybe connor mclennan? Both of which are on a lot there and bet and contracted to 2023.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Kennedy or McLennan would both be squad players, can't see either of them being first picks ahead of Henderson, Ronan or Kiltie. I think we can do better.

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Aberdeen have some players who we would ( should ) happily have at saints but who quite Frankly just didn’t turn up on Tuesday . 
Ferguson is a Cnut but I’d be happy if he was our Cnut .

Hedges is a quality player who simply didn’t bring his A game to Paisley 

& Ramsay , IMO …. WILL be a next Scotland star - he simply had the worst day at the office - it happens !!

Lets not Kid ourselves. Aberdeen FC are a bigger club, bigger fan base, bigger budget but we f**ked them on Tuesday . Lets be happy with that, enjoy the victory and move on.
Be churlish to write off their entire squad on the grounds of one game . 

Looks like he’s off, anyway.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60176291

Kennedy or McLennan would both be squad players, can't see either of them being first picks ahead of Henderson, Ronan or Kiltie. I think we can do better.
If the Aberdeen thing is alive again. Do we think they will give us the full cash we are looking for or you think it will be cash plus player?
Who would that be then that would enhance our squad?
I suggested Kennedy or McLennan as both have pace, which we have needed since Durmas and Connolly left. They issue we will have is they won't use a 1st team player in a trade would they?! It will be a fridge player, who might do a turn. Come on and maybe change things?
Or though I like Ethan and Power, I feel when they sit deep at times they can break up play, but both at times stray passes and be inconsistent with it. Would Aberdeen have anyone in their squad that could do better in that position than them?
So IF the Aberdeen thing is alive again (McGrath's agent need sacked as he seems a tool) who would you see if it was cash+player would enhance our squad[mention=1981]Hendo[/mention]? Love a wee debate and insight into other
Fans thought.

43 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

If the Aberdeen thing is alive again. Do we think they will give us the full cash we are looking for or you think it will be cash plus player?
I suggested Kennedy or McLennan as both have pace, which we have needed since Durmas and Connolly left. They issue we will have is they won't use a 1st team player in a trade would they?! It will be a fridge player, who might do a turn. Come on and maybe change things?
Or though I like Ethan and Power, I feel when they sit deep at times they can break up play, but both at times stray passes and be inconsistent with it. Would Aberdeen have anyone in their squad that could do better in that position than them?
So IF the Aberdeen thing is alive again (McGrath's agent need sacked as he seems a tool) who would you see if it was cash+player would enhance our squad[mention=1981]Hendo[/mention]? Love a wee debate and insight into other
Fans thought.

A fridge player that does a turn?

A fridge player that does a turn?
Well think about Connolly last season for us. Not always starting, but came on and would make teams keep in check as he had a good turn of pace.
If the Aberdeen thing is alive for McGrath again. If it was cash plus a player, who do you all seeing as someone they would give up that could do something for us ?

PCA with Wigan I think , but may well see the season out with us . 
If plays like he did Tuesday for the rest of the season, in a formation suiting everyone, I would be happy with that.
I just hope the shit forwards can be moved and we get some players in who have pace.

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

If plays like he did Tuesday for the rest of the season, in a formation suiting everyone, I would be happy with that.
I just hope the shit forwards can be moved and we get some players in who have pace.

I heard Wigan aren't playing ball over a decent fee , I suppose that could change by Monday ?

14 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Fans thought.

I wouldn't take either Kennedy or McLennan.

If its from Hibs, Allan is a better player but he's now 30 with serious health issues.

I'd rather take the cash than enter into any player swap nonsense. I'm old enough to remember us swapping Lex Richardson for Eric Sinclair.

21 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Fans thought.

I am sure that it will be someone Aberdeen have been trying to freeze out. Sometimes a player coming in from the cold has a point to prove. ❄️❄️❄️

I wouldn't take either Kennedy or McLennan.
If its from Hibs, Allan is a better player but he's now 30 with serious health issues.
I'd rather take the cash than enter into any player swap nonsense. I'm old enough to remember us swapping Lex Richardson for Eric Sinclair.
Fair enough. Sadly if he went this window I feel just cash at this late stage would not give us enough time to get in the quality we would need.
I read this morning that Hibs are not interested anymore. Allan can pass the ball about and might be the creativity we need, just not the turn of pace that we need.
I am sure that it will be someone Aberdeen have been trying to freeze out. Sometimes a player coming in from the cold has a point to prove. [emoji3587][emoji3587][emoji3587]
Honestly I hate predictive text and being dyslexic. Makes every buddie on here a comedian or think they are f**king geniuses. All the people that take the piss on here out of mistakes like that must never make them in their lives and be incredibly successful.

1 hour ago, Peeblesaint said:

Friend of mine plays in same silver band as Needham. Was in the car with him yesterday and call came in about a striker with premiership experience who would be the last piece of the jigsaw. Needham cut the call short( I can't talk right now) but my friend said it sounded like Jim Goodwin on the phone 

Shankland :rolleyes:

9 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Good signing, if power gets injured or suspended we would be very powderpuff.

Still doesn't address the chronic lack of pace in the team. Or lack of goals.

Not a priority signing IMO.

Edited by FTOF

Good signing, if power gets injured or suspended we would be very powderpuff.
Did the Killie fans not say that Power was more a number 8 than a 6. Saying that he needed someone next to him doing the defensive mid role? Could be interesting, but like others, he doesn't help the pace we miss.

Would this be due to Ethan being inconsistent at times? Power is out of contract in summer as well? Looking for a younger player to play that role for future?

40 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Did the Killie fans not say that Power was more a number 8 than a 6. Saying that he needed someone next to him doing the defensive mid role? Could be interesting, but like others, he doesn't help the pace we miss.

Would this be due to Ethan being inconsistent at times? Power is out of contract in summer as well? Looking for a younger player to play that role for future?

He is , and he's 34 , and may well be planning to return to Ireland ?