Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

Looks like a good Jan. For us.

Money in for Macpherson, McGrath.

Savings on wage bill from above plus, Dennis and McAllister , and possibly others who go out.

2 good pros in on subsidised wages.... 

Surely net up... even if we bag another young striker.

And team/squad better...

Good work by all those pulling the strings... 

Now a win against Well will keep the joy flowing   

Edited by Sweeper07

On 1/24/2022 at 1:38 PM, MenstrieSaint said:

Think it's going to be a busy week , I think the following could happen .

Cammy McPherson to St Johnstone for a small undisclosed fee .

McGrath will go to a Championship/ League One club , reckon there's a couple of offers been accepted and the issue is what cut of the incoming transfer fee Jamie wants , whether he will stay at St Mirren and St Mirren get no transfer fee . Or whether he is desperate to get playing in England and be on a contract offering £7k plus a week . 

Main will end up going to an English lower league team on a try snd buy basis .

Christian Dennis,s Agent looking to get him to move to an ambitious national league club .

Partick Thistle eying up a loan deal for Lee Erwin should Zak Rudden go to Dundee this window .

St Mirren will announce two signings from Republic of Ireland and a loan signing from a Premiership club by the end of the week .

Pure speculation,  looking forward to a few comings and goings as the week moves on .

Well I got a couple right

Think we’ve came out stronger from this transfer window, sore one losing McGrath but feel kiltie is more than good enough to fill his boots, finally got some pace in Jones also, would have liked to have seen erwin away with the lad Bowie in but not the end of the world. Feel much better this deadline day than I did at the of the summer window, plus I turn 30 at midnight so if you see me tomorrow feel free to buy me a vodka 👀😂😂

16 minutes ago, mattman said:

Think we’ve came out stronger from this transfer window, sore one losing McGrath but feel kiltie is more than good enough to fill his boots, finally got some pace in Jones also, would have liked to have seen erwin away with the lad Bowie in but not the end of the world. Feel much better this deadline day than I did at the of the summer window, plus I turn 30 at midnight so if you see me tomorrow feel free to buy me a vodka 👀😂😂

Happy birthday 🎂 

Kiltie, Brophey and Jones played well together for Killie. This is an improvement on what we had. If we had to lose either McGrath or Ronan then I am happy Jamie is away. He has not been the same player this season. Gogic is a sound signing. Only disappointment is not getting another striker in. 

Think we’ve came out stronger from this transfer window, sore one losing McGrath but feel kiltie is more than good enough to fill his boots, finally got some pace in Jones also, would have liked to have seen erwin away with the lad Bowie in but not the end of the world. Feel much better this deadline day than I did at the of the summer window, plus I turn 30 at midnight so if you see me tomorrow feel free to buy me a vodka [emoji102][emoji23][emoji23]

Happy birthday [emoji512] mate. I’m the big 50 next week [emoji107]

Jones is a good signing he's a good player hopefully he makes a big impact for us 

Jamie obviously had his thoughts on a move as he's not kicked a ball for months, so good luck to him glad he got his move and hopefully we got the cash we wanted and stood firm.  but we really need to get better at selling our players were a soft touch when it comes to transfers. 

Overall I think we're too light up front especially if the lad Grieve doesn't measure up, 

2 hours ago, mattman said:

Happy birthday

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Do you ever get anything right? Honestly.

So pot kettle.... you asserted McGrath was leaving in the summer window last year and you said Macpherson was not a player before he started getting a run in our team... he also is rated by the Fakes....

Was there something you DiD not know about that did not come off... I know that there was...

Cheers...fellow bud...

Edited by Sweeper07

I'm a bit gutted we held on to Main and Erwin. Erwin doesn't feature at all. Id have thought we flashes here and there would have helped get him punted in this window to show lower league levels what he could do for them.
Main is frustrating. I get why Jim got him in. To bully and pest the defence. That can create space for others, but didn't. I also think he gets man handled in games too, but as he is a big bastard, he doesn't get the fouls and free kicks he sometimes should.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

So pot kettle.... you asserted McGrath was leaving in the summer window last year and you said Macpherson was not a player before he started getting a run in our team... he also is rated by the Fakes....

Was there something you DiD not know about that did not come off... I know that there was...

Cheers...fellow bud...

:lol:  If MacPherson was good enough he'd have gotten a step up or at least still be a St. Mirren player. He's a typical one good game in four player and always has been.

I'm not at all ITK but the difference between us is when I make a prediction or say something, I put specifics out there, names etc. See yesterday, I said that Dennis and Reid were on the way out. One came true, the other didn't - perhaps something changed but I acknowledged who was rumoured to be going.

You constantly go 'Something might happen, it probably will......or it won't' and some folk buy into it despite you actually saying nothing of note at all.

Edited by djchapsticks