Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Do you think Goody would use a starting formation with two attacking wide players ? Time will tell I suppose. 🙂

I can't honestly see Jones starting right away because of lack of game time but in the best case scenario?

Henderson on right, Jones on left and Kiltie behind Brophy.

Ronan can also fit in anywhere in those three attacking slots as required or in centre mid.

Losing McGrath and McAllister has made that a much easier selection for Goodwin I feel.

3 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I'm a bit gutted we held on to Main and Erwin. Erwin doesn't feature at all. Id have thought we flashes here and there would have helped get him punted in this window to show lower league levels what he could do for them.
Main is frustrating. I get why Jim got him in. To bully and pest the defence. That can create space for others, but didn't. I also think he gets man handled in games too, but as he is a big bastard, he doesn't get the fouls and free kicks he sometimes should.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Main might improve with Jones in the team.

Main was decent in a good Motherwell side, hence Aberdeen shelling out for him.

Thought he started season ok but has fallen away since. 

If Jones can show the form he is capable of we may get a bit more out of Main.

Erwin is a lost cause, utter junk and annoying we couldn't offload him with McAllister.

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol:  If MacPherson was good enough he'd have gotten a step up or at least still be a St. Mirren player. He's a typical one good game in four player and always has been.

I'm not at all ITK but the difference between us is when I make a prediction or say something, I put specifics out there, names etc. See yesterday, I said that Dennis and Reid were on the way out. One came true, the other didn't - perhaps something changed but I acknowledged who was rumoured to be going.

You constantly go 'Something might happen, it probably will......or it won't' and some folk buy into it despite you actually saying nothing of note at all.

@Sweeper07 - Scratch that. Turns out both of my very specific predictions came to pass as we've now announced Dylan is off to QP for rest of the season.

Pot kettle indeed...:lol:

3 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

:lol:  If MacPherson was good enough he'd have gotten a step up or at least still be a St. Mirren player. He's a typical one good game in four player and always has been.

I'm not at all ITK but the difference between us is when I make a prediction or say something, I put specifics out there, names etc. See yesterday, I said that Dennis and Reid were on the way out. One came true, the other didn't - perhaps something changed but I acknowledged who was rumoured to be going.

You constantly go 'Something might happen, it probably will......or it won't' and some folk buy into it despite you actually saying nothing of note at all.

So Macpherson was the man of the match in the Fakes last game and they paid money for him. His problem was JG didn't rate him or give him enough chances to get into a rhythm. He's still young....

You were right with Reid too... he's gone. Again played excellent a couple of times but loaned out... it might be the right thing to do, but let's see if Henderson keeps getting 1st team game time...JG leans on hardened pros too much in my opinion... but the buck stops with him, and I get that too.

So I say probably because it's rarely guarenteed. Especially this late in the window. I did say that McGrath would leave this window some weeks ago... he did, but even that nearly fell through.

Gogic was not a straight certainty either, but early yesterday I said it was very likely... it happened.

The young striker I said wasn't sorted and it didn't happen.. but it still might have.

These are facts... but you claim I never get anything right and now I'm offering both options to cover all eventualities... but the truth is some people like my input and some don't... just like the rest of us on here.

It is disappointing that so many are keen to attack fellow fans when they can take other options...

Anyway. Speculation we COULD bring a striker still...

Strange Tait getting an extension. He's too slow and has not been playing much...

Old pro, full of effort but this is where a younger player should be in our squad for next season... and we'd free up money for better elsewhere...

What does this say to the likes of Finlayson?😎

6 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Strange Tait getting an extension. He's too slow and has not been playing much...

Old pro, full of effort but this is where a younger player should be in our squad for next season... and we'd free up money for better elsewhere...

What does this say to the likes of Finlayson?😎

Finlayson is a central defender and Tait is a full back so it says nothing to Finlayson.

I’m guessing Finlayson’s main priority for now is to just get into the Kelty Hearts starting XI

:1eye

5 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

So Macpherson was the man of the match in the Fakes last game and they paid money for him. His problem was JG didn't rate him or give him enough chances to get into a rhythm. He's still young....

You were right with Reid too... he's gone. Again played excellent a couple of times but loaned out... it might be the right thing to do, but let's see if Henderson keeps getting 1st team game time...JG leans on hardened pros too much in my opinion... but the buck stops with him, and I get that too.

So I say probably because it's rarely guarenteed. Especially this late in the window. I did say that McGrath would leave this window some weeks ago... he did, but even that nearly fell through.

Gogic was not a straight certainty either, but early yesterday I said it was very likely... it happened.

The young striker I said wasn't sorted and it didn't happen.. but it still might have.

These are facts... but you claim I never get anything right and now I'm offering both options to cover all eventualities... but the truth is some people like my input and some don't... just like the rest of us on here.

It is disappointing that so many are keen to attack fellow fans when they can take other options...

Anyway. Speculation we COULD bring a striker still...

Stop pretending you’re in the know. It’s embarrassing 

9 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

I can't honestly see Jones starting right away because of lack of game time but in the best case scenario?

Henderson on right, Jones on left and Kiltie behind Brophy.

Ronan can also fit in anywhere in those three attacking slots as required or in centre mid.

Losing McGrath and McAllister has made that a much easier selection for Goodwin I feel.

He's list tonight... so is Taut and I never expected that...

Hope both play well and surprise us...