Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

6 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Griffiths has been terrible for Dundee this season. He's clearly not fit and has alot of off field issues. I hope (and think we will) stay well away from him.

I'd rather we took a punt on a player with issues but who we know is a proven goalscorer with genuine quality, than we go down the route of journeymen like Erwin or Main again. 

24 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I'd rather we took a punt on a player with issues but who we know is a proven goalscorer with genuine quality, than we go down the route of journeymen like Erwin or Main again. 

Once Connor McCarthy is back in the team we switch Captain Joe up front. Problem solved. 

Personally I’d rather we took a punt on one of our Academy forwards than sign LG. 

12 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

FROM THE DANISH SUN 

Recently released hit man Nicolai Brock Madsen linked with Scottish side St Mirren 

Nicolai refused to confirm he's been approached but did say that he had played some of his best football in Scotland and wouldn't rule out a return to the Paisley club 

Can't remember anything about him he couldn't have been that good take it never scored for us so perfect will go with the rest.

50 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

He hasn't had a good season for years. He has one goal from open play this season for Dundee in 17 appearances, that's a shocking return. He's completely finished at this level and it's no surprise he's been linked with Queens Park, he'll end up somewhere like that. No team in the Premiership will go near him.

15 minutes ago, TopCat said:

He hasn't had a good season for years. He has one goal from open play this season for Dundee in 17 appearances, that's a shocking return. He's completely finished at this level and it's no surprise he's been linked with Queens Park, he'll end up somewhere like that. No team in the Premiership will go near him.

Que him signing for us lol

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Once Connor McCarthy is back in the team we switch Captain Joe up front. Problem solved. 

Personally I’d rather we took a punt on one of our Academy forwards than sign LG. 

Folk are kidding themselves on if they believe this will be ok. We don’t score a lot of goals as it is and now we have our best striker out. No harm to Erwin or Main but we all know they probably won’t score enough to get us to where we want 

1 hour ago, norrie82 said:

Folk are kidding themselves on if they believe this will be ok. We don’t score a lot of goals as it is and now we have our best striker out. No harm to Erwin or Main but we all know they probably won’t score enough to get us to where we want 

The biggest issue is we have a number of winnable games coming up.... Hibs, Livi, Dee and Fakes....

1 v 0 wins would do, but the opposite could put us in the mire.

Brophy likely out for 6 or more weeks, what about Main?

Emergency loan from the continent for the new Isma is needed ....

Edited by Sweeper07

14 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

The biggest issue is we have a number of winnable games coming up.... Hibs, Livi, Dee and Fakes....

1 v 0 wins would do, but the opposite could put us in the mire.

Brophy likely out for 6 or more weeks, what about Main?

Emergency loan from the continent for the new Isma is needed ....

We will be lucky to get three points out of those.

9 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

I'm hoping for 12, thinking we might get 8, but praying we don't get less than 6.

I am hoping for 12 but  there's not a chance in hell that's happening .Think Goodwin has made a right c**t of this transfer window it's going to be like watching Scotlands 1.4.6. I genuinely think we are in big trouble we will be in bottom 2of that I have no doubt.

37 minutes ago, elvis said:

I am hoping for 12 but  there's not a chance in hell that's happening .Think Goodwin has made a right c**t of this transfer window it's going to be like watching Scotlands 1.4.6. I genuinely think we are in big trouble we will be in bottom 2of that I have no doubt.

Thought you'd been quiet recently, since we won three in a row. Soon as we (shock horror) draw a game you're back with your doom prophecies. Never change elvis :D

Listen it's all about opinions and mine is the above I was down at Don's game we were crap but somehow managed to win we were even worse on Tuesday and somehow stole a point our home performance are abysmal and has been for a long time St Johnstone are a cert to beat us next Wednesday and that's after we get pumped by Hibs as for the Kelty game at home well I dread to think about that the way we play there.They have every chance of causing an upset.I really really hope I'm wrong and everything turns out great but I seriously doubt it.

Edited by elvis

Seriously we really need to address this striker situation at least before the Kelty Hearts game.

When Brophy went of injured after 20 minutes we had one so called striker on the bench... we brought on a defensive midfield player, 

There's a big Iceberg in our path and were sailing right into it and the Captain has just said those fateful words... Trust me I know what I'm doing 

mel x joe GIF