Speculation Thread

jimdickloyal

5 hours ago, elvis said:

Listen it's all about opinions and mine is the above I was down at Don's game we were crap but somehow managed to win we were even worse on Tuesday and somehow stole a point our home performance are abysmal and has been for a long time St Johnstone are a cert to beat us next Wednesday and that's after we get pumped by Hibs as for the Kelty game at home well I dread to think about that the way we play there.They have every chance of causing an upset.I really really hope I'm wrong and everything turns out great but I seriously doubt it.

I know you get a lot of grief on here from folks but I get a lot of where you are coming from.

Problem is when you say StJ are a dead cert then your kinda losing it. They are still a poor outfit and we are rightly expecting to beat them, not saying its a stick on though.

Doubt Hibs will pump us and think we are capable of a point, but expect to lose.

Kelty won't beat us if we even turn up. We are a far better side and will likely take 2 or 3 off them.

I do agree though that our home form and performances, in the main have been poor and tough to watch apart from 30 mins against Rangers.

We have lost fewer games than anyone below 3rd or 4th. We have drawn more than any other team. Our issue is there to see….we need to score more goals and to do that we need competition amongst our strikers to enable those fit and performing well to earn and keep their place. The absence of Brophy’s won’t help so yes bring in a proven striker if there is such a thing in the free market.Match fitness would be key. Gain at least the same average points level in the remaining games as we have in those played so far and we will be safe from relegation. Improve on it and we might nudge into the top six.

Just now, portmahomack saint said:

Why is that for what reason have I missed something....  a fit and healthy leigh Griffiths would be a big asset to the club.  He's a proven goalscorer it wasn't long ago he was the international teams first choice striker... 

He is quite clearly unfit this season. He has let down his last two previous clubs management, players and fans.

He brings unnecessary off field baggage. 

Need I go on?

7 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

He is quite clearly unfit this season. He has let down his last two previous clubs management, players and fans.

He brings unnecessary off field baggage. 

Need I go on?

Of course he's unfit he hadn't played for over a year Celtic tried to get him fit but his head wasn't in the right place they said.... it's maybe a illness that a lot of people have been suffering the last 2 years...  what baggage you talking about  ?

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

...  what baggage you talking about  ?

Have you used Google before? I’m not willing to waste my time helping you out.

I trust that our self promoted community and family club do not employ this odious individual.

I trust that our self promoted community and family club do not employ this odious individual.

I'd rather sign him than continue to give the stand formerly used as a Family Stand to worse specimens!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

An Erwin who knows he's isn't wanted or rated here and only wasting time until his contact runs out

As is his right.  I'm sure if your employer wanted to terminate your contract you would expect to be properly compensated.  And I doubt many on here would show much enthusiasm during their remaining days.

As is his right.  I'm sure if your employer wanted to terminate your contract you would expect to be properly compensated.  And I doubt many on here would show much enthusiasm during their remaining days.
The difference is, he could impress potential employers if he was to play at his best.

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
7 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The difference is, he could impress potential employers if he was to play at his best.

Unfortunately i think we've seen the best of Erwin. He just looks like a player that can no longer cut it at this level. 

He was an odd signing in the first place. 

To think getting rid of Obika when the likes of Main and Erwin were supposedly an upgrade is baffling. 

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I've had a wee look Sir Galahad as I don't read the Tabloid press, so if it doesn't make the 10 o'clock news I probably wont hear of it. 

Yes he seem's to be getting a lot of attention from the Red Tops  would advise him not to drop a sweetie paper in the street. 

What did i find.... Sharing flirty tweets with a fan who didn't reveal she was only 15 when she did he stopped, police say there was no criminality involved.  Makes no secret that's he's a big Hibs fan even while playing for Celtic.. {good on you lad}  and was caught singing anti Hearts songs,  You'd never get a Stmirren fan or player singing songs or using inflammatory words about our neighbours from Greenock just wouldn't happen :rolleyes: 

And just as i said he has admitted struggling with his mental health since 2018 

Jim's record of signing strikers to be kind has been pretty poor,  but his judgement in character has been first class so that'll do for me if he signs him 

Edited by portmahomack saint